New Walmart Home Grocery Delivery

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

WhatamIgonnaeatnext?

New Walmart Home Grocery Delivery

Post by WhatamIgonnaeatnext? » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:56 am

Okay... Has anyone tried it?
Long story short. I'm not lazy. I live in a kind of odd area for some who are used to a lot of people. No one here has been bold enough to try it. Believe it or not they deliver way out here and the closest Wally World is 45 minutes away. Doesn't sound far, but that's interstate going 80 miles an hour, 45 minutes.
Anyway, my battery went out, so I cancelled my Dr. appointment in the city, which reminded me again why I am thinking of doing the free trial. We have a little store in the next town over where we can get some things, also.
My research led me to discover that a third party is used (Uber or whomever). A study was done which found that a high percentage of those drivers have sampled people's food. So I am wondering what people's experiences are with food delivery services and Walmart Grocery Delivery. I love rural living. I also love food. :@) 3:-O ~O) :YMCOWBOY:

KittenCal

Re: New Walmart Home Grocery Delivery

Post by KittenCal » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:54 pm

I have ordered from Walmart many times and never had a problem at all my order was delivered in 2 hours. I love their online order page it gives you options for other products if they are running low.. just to let you know you do need a valid credit card to order online..
If you can eat, you can make it!

Tink

Post by Tink » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:27 pm

I really like the Walmart pick up option, although I live about 30 or so miles away. I live in a ski resort area which is rural but Walmart is so much cheaper than than my local supermarket so it is cost effective to pick up my order, home delivery means I cannot buy meats, fresh produce or dairy products so it's worth it to me to drive the 40 minutes or so there and back. I have had home delivery and never had a problem with it so hope this helps.

WhatamIgonnaeatnext?

Post by WhatamIgonnaeatnext? » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:12 pm

Thanks, Tink! They were offering it, but I think they stopped. It is quite a ways away. Now with what's going on it would probably be just as well for me to go pick it up.