I bought a new food scale

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

WhatamIgonnaeatnext?

I bought a new food scale

Post by WhatamIgonnaeatnext? » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:14 am

We tried it out. My husband has two five pound weights. Or so we thought. Only one of them is five pounds. One of them is 4.14 pounds. Cynical me. My first thought was that the company tried to save a few bucks on all their weights, but only one was light. I guess someone just messed up.

Gerry

Re: I bought a new food scale

Post by Gerry » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:46 am

Just as I bought a new food scale I was gifted with one which was just fine as it sees to one on both levels and saves many a step. These new scales are so much easier to store than the old fashioned one I have had for years which I passed along to family. But I still miss my old one! One thing I do not have is the five pound weights!

ellie

Post by ellie » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:09 am

I use my old WW one -- which works for the most part. Would love a new one -- which one do you like the best?

WhatamIgonnaeatnext?

Post by WhatamIgonnaeatnext? » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:02 pm

This is my very first scale. I got it at Menards.

Misa

Post by Misa » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:04 pm

My scale is several years old now, Ellie, but I'm very happy with how my Escali scale has held up.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:19 pm

I am now wondering if your scale is much like what I was using or digital whatamI gonnaeat? I am guessing I miss my old fashioned scale because it was so familiar and needed absolutely no instructions as to use but it took a lot of space. I love the slim easy to store flat digital scales for ease of storage. I have the Ozeri and the Starfrit, both work equally well but the Ozeri is the main in my kitchen simply because for me it has the larger print. In choosing I remember needing to check as for batteries, you want one with not only good battery life but easy to purchase new batteries. I have batteries ordered from Amazon on hand but both scales are still working on the originals since 2016. But then I do not weigh all that much these days as I once did. I think most of the digital scales are similar. If I had one lot of extra cupboard space I would add one of the old fashioned back to kitchen!

WhatamIgonnaeatnext?

Post by WhatamIgonnaeatnext? » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:16 pm

I got a cheapo one made by Taylor; but it does have Tare function. I'm such a label reader. Now I'm gonna be a weigher person. Just trying to see who's ripping me off.:-W :roll: