I can’t make this up...

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Misa

I can’t make this up...

Post by Misa » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:07 pm

So, y’all, (you know I have had a day when I start typing Southern) I’ve had a day that can only happen to me. I am a teacher. It was the first day of school with kids, and I went home to start food so my hubby could eat dinner before I went to a co-worker’s dad’s funeral. Not long after driving through this very intersection as I have for years, this happens.

Train runs a’fowl’ on Main Street

I live a county over from the school I teach at, as does another friend, but on the other side. We were going to meet and drive to the church. Well, on her trip back, she gets caught in traffic. People were hoping to score chicken nuggets from the clean-up, on top of traffic generated from ongoing road construction and the wreck itself. All roads that cross the tracks were closed. We ended up arriving 50 minutes later than we planned, but many other folks were also slowed down making it to the Receiving of Friends due to the chicken nugget traffic.

It’s been a day.

Edit: I can’t decide if this is the best or worst headline regarding the incident - “Chicken nuggets litter downtown Newport with no dipping sauce in sight”

Chef shapeweaver

Re: I can’t make this up...

Post by Chef shapeweaver » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:03 am

I know by reading this,you must've had a interesting
evening . But after going to the link and reading the story,
I'm sitting here laughing, and as we say in the South
" Bless your heart ". :D