Sharing Recipes from Other Sites

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

RZ-Admin
Site Admin

Sharing Recipes from Other Sites

Post by RZ-Admin » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:11 pm

Hi all. As we enter into this wonderful summer season, we wish to provide a friendly reminder that we value all of the hard work that food blogs and food bloggers do and love so many of the recipes out there. To value this hard work recipes must not be copied onto Recipezazz from other sources verbatim (as outlined in our Terms and Conditions) - exactly as written from its source, unless you are the author of that source. The U.S. Copyright Office explains that although ingredients are not copyrighted, descriptions may extend to be protected under copyright law.

If you wish to share a recipe from another source, please put into your own words the steps or directions of the recipe in how you would enjoy the recipe and/or what you did to make the recipe your own experience, otherwise, we have to ask to please refrain from posting such recipes.

Although we have not encountered issues of photos from other sources being uploaded by members to RZ, that we are aware of, just a friendly reminder that member uploaded photos must be the member's own photo of a recipe (or family/friend with permission) as we do not condone uploading photos from other sources to recipes.

Thank you for your understanding and for making RZ an amazing recipe site. You are all wonderful!

Chef shapeweaver

Re: Sharing Recipes from Other Sites

Post by Chef shapeweaver » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:39 pm

Can we post the recipe verbatim
if we happened to get the OP permission ?

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:52 pm

Yes if you get permission from the recipe author and recipe site but the only confirmation is by "word of mouth" he/she may come back on you and say I did not agree on that. We recommend to post it in your own words and amounts. You can still say where the recipe is from and mention you tweaked it.
If you can eat, you can make it!

AndyDandy

Post by AndyDandy » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:19 pm

Okay thanks :)

TwisSis

Post by TwisSis » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:21 am

I see your explanation refers to "food blogs & food bloggers", but what about other recipes sites that are sharing recipes from individual sources :?: If we take care to disclose the site sharing the recipe & any individual source credited, are we good-to-go :?: Many such recipes have been published in mass-produced magazines & over time have become a matter of public domain (even moreso each time they're shared again). They undergo chgs along the way & no longer can be traced to or even resemble the way the original recipe was written. Thanks in advance for your best advice. :)

RZ-Admin
Site Admin

Post by RZ-Admin » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:39 pm

Our terms are this: the steps in the recipe must be modified in your words. It takes just a bit of time to do, but the copyright rules are quite clear that we must follow. Thank you so much for understanding!

Post by 90252994 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:38 am

What if they are my own recipes published on Recipezaar, which I think now "belong" to food.com or genius kitchen or whatever current corporate form of what was once such a wonderful place and community? I am so glad to find you again, Kittencal! I hope other old Zaar friends are on here as well. Thanks :).

Post by 90252994 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:40 am

I'm not sure why my user name did not appear in the above post. This is quantumgirl :).,

RZ-Admin
Site Admin

Post by RZ-Admin » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:40 am

90252994 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:38 am
What if they are my own recipes published on Recipezaar, which I think now "belong" to food.com or genius kitchen or whatever current corporate form of what was once such a wonderful place and community? I am so glad to find you again, Kittencal! I hope other old Zaar friends are on here as well. Thanks :).
Hi quantumgirl :D If they are your recipes then yes, you can post them here! Also, welcome to Recipezazz!

RZ-Admin
Site Admin

Post by RZ-Admin » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:05 am

Hi all. I would like to quote a point in our Terms and Conditions:
Posted material copyrighted by other sources, such as magazines or other Web sites, will be removed. Recipezazz.com reserves the right to change/edit/remove any content posted by users deemed by Recipezazz.com to be in violation of copyrighted material.
It has come to our attention from Todd Wilbur's executive staff that our site has shared one of his recipes verbatim. In case you may not be aware, Top Secret Recipes is one of the best copycat recipe sites EVER! I understand that Todd has worked very hard at creating recipe formulas that very closely mimic original restaurant food experiences and we wish to respect the hard work that has gone into that effort.

We will be removing recipes that are copied from Todd's site, and please keep in mind that we do not condone copying recipes from other sites.

Again, if you have a recipe that you have tried, and you post that recipe in your words, with your method of cooking, that is fine. Ingredients are not copyrighted, but recipe descriptions and methods, steps etc. are. We want to respect the hard work done by food bloggers as they are a wonderful contribution to the online food world!

Thank you!