What makes this site great - what needs to change?

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

RZ-Admin
Site Admin

What makes this site great - what needs to change?

Post by RZ-Admin » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:24 am

Hi all. We have worked really hard to build a recipe community that people love while focusing on stability and quick fixes to errors and bugs. We hope that we have done a good job in this.

One thing that we know is that we need to keep up with the times and explore ways to keep going while not alienating members in the process. We need to make the RecipeZazz site mobile friendly and part of this task involves a bit of a redesign to the overall look, but not to main functionality of the site. When the time is right, we will be pulling in a few members to test, explore and provide feedback on the new design. We do not yet have a specific time frame for this to occur, that we are announcing at this time.

So, with this in mind, we want to know, from our members, a few things so are asking you to contribute your thoughts and ideas.

1. What do you currently love about the site?
2. What would you change to make things better for you as a member on the site?

Just a side note here though - in considering this approach forward we are working hard in making each design decision based on best practice design and development to ensure a good workflow to enhance member's experience on the site :)

Thank you, and I truly do want your input.

Wayne
RZ Team

Kchurchill5

Re: What makes this site great - what needs to change?

Post by Kchurchill5 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:06 am

I have a few idea; but, let me think; and write it up correctly. Nothing major - just a few suggestions is all.

We all appreciate quick fixes and letting us know; and keeping us involved. That is so important; and really a great thing to continue. I will be back.

maDonna

Post by maDonna » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:06 pm

There's not much I can say about things I don't like, right now off the top of my head, I would like to see a meal planner feature added, lets say you have some things in your fridge, just type in those things and the feature would bring up recipe ideas to use those things. Thank you for including us for ideas ;)

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:19 pm

Love the forums and recipes of course.
Would like to see a feature that says when one of your recipes is added to another members cookbook and maybe a count of cookbooks that recipe is in.

Might have a few more suggestions latter.

59chevymom

Post by 59chevymom » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:24 pm

I have nothing negative to say about this site, whatever your doing your doing right so keep it up! :D

Mikekey

Post by Mikekey » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:29 pm

I access the site mainly with an iPad and have no problems with the current design, but I wouldn't usually use my phone for accessing the site. I just want to thank you for actually consulting us first instead of just plowing ahead and dumping changes on us with no warning, like certain other cooking sites have done. :D

DeeCooker41

Post by DeeCooker41 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:36 pm

What makes this site great? Everything and everyone. I agree just keep on doing what you've been doing ;)

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:14 pm

Thx for consulting with us, that is one of the things that makes this site great.

I, like shadows, also think it would be great to see which other members have saved our recipes as favorites or in recipebooks. (Something like, "This recipe has been same ## of times")

I have a few friends that come here on occasion to look for recipes and some that have accounts here and have uploaded recipes and reviewed some recipes. Their only complaints is that they find it hard to navigate through the site. They all use their phones, laptops and tablets to access the site. I have been here since the beginning and have no difficulties getting around, although I do agree accessing the site via my phone is not as good as using my laptop or PC, things are a bit wonky using when coming here using my phone.

I like "button" feature for comments would be nice.

That is all for now, if I think of anything else I will pop back in :D

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:43 pm

I think the review this recipe feature needs to be larger, it's stuck in with a bunch of other options, I know some people that could not find where to review a recipe and I had to tell them, if you would like more people to come here and review recipes then I think you should work on elaborating that feature more, I would also like to see a did you find this review helpful feature on recipe reviews. Other that those two things, at this moment I can't think of anything else. You are doing a wonderful job with this site!

Teejay

Post by Teejay » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:35 pm

I can't think of anything I don't think there is anything better you could add