~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

muffinlady

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by muffinlady » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:16 am

going to temple today will not be able to post.

have a happy day

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:05 am

Clicks are in! :O3

We finally got the big cubby hole unit in the basement yesterday and had to tie it to the ceiling for stability...so it could not be knocked over and either get the dog or us. Needs a wee bit of TLC and then I can wash & paint.

Cooler temps this morning...-2C (28.4F) enough to make the grass crunchy. We still have snow around but mostly grass.

Create joy in your day! :-)

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:18 am

I am suspecting your cubby hole unit is a shelving unit Patti, getting things down is always a major chore, right now looking to when we have enough hands to get a few things up! Do you have to travel very far for Temple day Judy or is it relatively close by?

I hope you get by what sounds much like whats been floating around our area Missa and manage to enjoy Thanksgiving. Holidays do see us missing those who are unble to join us and more so the empty chair/chairs. I find great comfort in setting the holiday table with the gifted china from dh, the treasured serving dishes and crystal glassware from my grandmothers, my mom and aunts in their memory. I hope your grandfather will be well enough to manage to be with you. There were several years when our family holiday gatherings were low key, being together is comforting.

Life happens which sees that big container of paperwork untouched, hopefully get a start on it this morning. This afternoon will be going to Shalom our local nursing home to have coffee with a dear neighbor who is very missed. Tuesday's 'Memories' on face book tell me back in 2010 I was shoveling knee deep snow, this week we have had melting and amazingly my grass is still green!
Wishing everyone a healthy happy week!

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:12 am

Yes Gerry...the cubby is like a shelving unit. The plan is to get my spinning fiber in there and out of bins so I can see exactly what I have and all the colours separated. Enjoy your time with your friend today! And btw...our grass is still green too!

Wishing you a very happy day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:00 pm

it sounds as though Pattie will be so organized

glad Gerry s weather isn't as severe as in the past. that may feel good hope its not global warming.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:29 am

Hope you are doing well Judy! Do you have any plans for Thanksgiving?

Grass is crunchy this morning...a wee bit cool...-3C (26.6F). Supposed to get some snow over the weekend...so we shall see. DH is almost finished with the last bit of carpeting/baseboards in the passway...so I should be able to start setting up my things over the weekend.

Make a joyous day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:46 am

today is church ⛪ thanksgiving dinner and i am going over to bishops house for th day and there celebration.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:52 am

Judy...I hope you had a most wonderful time at the Bishop's yesterday! :-)

Have a great weekend! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:15 am

not the ward thanksgiving dinner but next Thursday the official thanksgiving day is when I go to bishops house.

have a nice weekend ☺ i will

Misa

Post by Misa » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:40 pm

Checking in - shew, almost to break! I work Monday and Tuesday and off the rest of the week.

About to start up a pot of soup to share with my co-worker whose father has cancer. She has taken leave of absence through Christmas, and may have to extend. Her mother has also dealing with health issues, been in the hospital this week and moved to a physical rehab facility yesterday (she fell, severely sprained her ankle, and her blood has been too thin.) My friend was out earlier this year with a knee injury. :( If you feel kindly, please keep her and her family in your prayers.

Rain has settled in over the mountains and valley here for the weekend; perfect soup weather. I also picked up ingredients to make another soup later this week. Going to attempt a small Friendsgiving meal on Wednesday. We will be minus one of the amigos we have game night with, but I'm quite content to cook for my friend that is coming, and the hubby and me. I bought a turkey breast and I am going to attempt to prepare it sous vide. The grocery stores are crazy right now with all the shoppers getting ready for Thursday. I hope I got everything I could really need for the week when I went today. The store was out of fresh sage - which wasn't called for, but thought it might perk up the turkey.