~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

muffinlady

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by muffinlady » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:00 pm

i think they finely quit calling -none so far today.

hope you make it to and from Green Lake.

Misa

Post by Misa » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:14 pm

Just walked through the door a little after 9 tonight since I had another ballgame duty. We are on a 2-hour delay tomorrow, for which I'm grateful since I have bus duty tomorrow and have to be there earlier than usual. I'm really hoping we end up being called off. We are getting a cold snap in the wee hours turning rain into snow and the high temps tomorrow are at freezing. So they are waiting to see what happens. I'll take the extra 2 hours to sleep regardless.

There is a Whole Foods in Knoxville, which is a good hour out. It's apparently a small one for the chain. I do like going there to spurge on cheese, spices, and a local dairy's most delicious concoction - coffee milk. I don't particularly care for coffee, but I love that stuff! Publix is pretty similar - I guess I would akin it to a bridge between Whole Foods and other chains. Maybe a bit more on prices than other local stores on some items, but the selection is way better. I like their store brands a lot, and they are pretty good deals. Publix deli section is top-notch.

Not much luck on Christmas shopping yet - I did find a nice enameled 10 inch skillet for my mom. I might have treated myself by grabbing a set of Halloween plates on clearance at Williams-Sonoma.

Patti, I lied. :lol: Our assistant principal not only has taxidermy heads, he does indeed have deer skulls in his office. I thought of you today when I stopped by there.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:47 am

Clicks are in! :O3

At this time this morning...I am not sure I am going to Green Lake Judy. It has been snowing for 12 hours now and had to go outside and clean the satellite dish off so I could get the internet. Fun times in the dark! Temps are hanging around 0C (32F) so the snow is wet...not like the dry snow we usually get.

Might have Misa????? That tells me you did indeed pick up those plates! :lol: Hope you enjoyed your extra 2 hours in the hay. Thanks for the info on Whole food/Publix! And not a surprise about the deer skull...love it!

If I stay home...will be moving snow...either shoveling or snow blowing...or both. Will surely get my exercise in today.

Have a terrific day! :-)

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:38 am

funny misa. everyone deserves a treat every little bit

pattie sounds like a bitter winter if its snowed for 12 hours.

i need to make up a grocery list. i go shopping next week.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:25 pm

Good to see everyone had a great weekend. While I spent mine at home it was very relaxing. I suspect setting up a 'company' table for the three of us surpprised and made lunch special. Along with family time I enjoyed a good book and a couple of movies, one a true story Jennette Walls 'The Glass Castle' which I read years back and will be heading over to my e library to place a hold for another read.

No snow today but a drab wintery day, seeing as I have a major to do list an indoor day is okay, first on the list is sort and do books which got sorely neglected over summer. For me doing books right up there with shovelling snow.
Wishing everyone a great week.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:54 am

Will have to look into the book (The Glass Castle)...need a winter read. Will check the library to see if they have a copy.

Well...did not go spinning...the roads were slippery and the threat of freezing rain on top of snow was enough to keep me home. Did do 2 hours of shoveling...the snow was heavy and wet...I really got a good work out. I'm thankful I can still do this kind of thing at my age!!

Wishing you a most beauteous day! :-)

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:13 am

Thankfully no snow yesterday so no shovelling Our last snowfall was really heavy too Patt! I know I am not supposed to be out there shovelling, family have treatened to take away my shovels even the small sized one I bought at our local hardware that the owner said had 'not for Gerry' on it! I have a bob cat come in for the driveway but more difficult is finding somone for the walkways. Family is willing but working and once walked on makes it harder to do. Maybe I SHOULD stick to the steps and the walkway to the garage! Wouldn't do to have my back say 'what were you thinking'

Didn't get to the paperwork yesterday but will be getting to it shortly.

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:25 pm

glad you both are able to shovel snow it is invigorating to be out side for short times though 2 hours sounds rough

making grocery list as going shopping next week.

tomorrow relief society evening meeting. dinner and seeing everyone s talents

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:35 am

Funny Gerry...my back says the same thing! :lol:

Hope you have a wonderful time this evening Judy! :-)

Off to town today...meeting up my friend and loading up a mid-size flat screen tv for the spinning room. I don't watch TV downstairs...it is for my DH...he likes to sit with Two Socks and listen to the news before he comes up for dinner.

Make a funtastic day! :-)

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:42 am

From early spring to late fall it could be said I about live in my backyard and garden loving every minute but when it comes to our harsh cold prairie winters not so much! And yes Judy I have to agree Patti and I are indeed fortunate to be able to get out there and do what needs doing but these years come winter I do far less out there than does our Patti!

Once again I have heat in the garage and wall to wall plantings under lights. Thanks to my brother I am amazed to have three huge georgeous pots of geraniums blooming since the spring of 2018! Heated but the watering cans are filled indoors, so hoping it warms a bit to see to the watering. And again on the floor a good number of plant saves overwintering for next years garden ventures.

I only got the container of paperwork to the table yesterday so we know what I will be doing today. Thanks to dh it used to always be done on a monthly basis. Hopefully once caught up I will follow through and do just that! So much easier! Wishing everyone a happy day.