Whole grain wheat and rye sourdough

Drop in for tips and discussions about bread baking or do you have a bread baking question? Your in the right place!

Moderator: Galley_Wench

Red Apple Guy

Whole grain wheat and rye sourdough

Post by Red Apple Guy » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:23 am

Galley_Wench

Re: Whole grain wheat and rye sourdough

Post by Galley_Wench » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:52 am

Beautiful loaf . . . have to get busy with my starter, it's been neglected lately!

TwisSis

Post by TwisSis » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:23 pm

I'm so jealous of anyone who can make perfect loaves like that. I do bread in my ABM & quick breads, but otherwise I'm yeast-phobic. I think you almost have to grow up doing it to have the natural talent for it & I grew up a VERY LONG TIME AGO. :cry:

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:04 pm

Twissis; I actually know how to make bread; but, I have NO PATIENCE for it. And, I tend to like to wing it; and, that is not how you bake.

Which, is why I cook and not bake.
I would love to just have someone bake for me.

RAG, that bread is awesome. I am truly envious of those who can bake awesome breads. Seriously gorgeous!!

Galley_Wench

Post by Galley_Wench » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:14 pm

You're right Kim . . . you can't wing it to easily when you're baking, it's a bit of a science. Once you've been baking awhile you have a better understanding of how far you can go with it. It's not difficult, especially with new instant bread machine yeast, just mix in with the flour!

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:22 pm

wow that is one heck of a great looking loaf of bread RAG :shock: ... I may give that a try soon, I don't make homemade bread that much anymore since my DH passed away I used bake buns/bread every morning, I miss it...
If you can eat, you can make it!

Red Apple Guy

Post by Red Apple Guy » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:48 pm

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the encouragement.
Red

MistyNix

Post by MistyNix » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:53 pm

That`s a great loaf of bread I wish I could bake good bread mine always come out tasting yeasty and have the texture of a brick :o :oops: :( :lol:

Red Apple Guy

Post by Red Apple Guy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:44 am

MistyNix wrote:That`s a great loaf of bread I wish I could bake good bread mine always come out tasting yeasty and have the texture of a brick :o :oops: :( :lol:
Misty,it's not hard and this is a good place to learn. Galley is a good one to teach you the ropes.
Red

Galley_Wench

Post by Galley_Wench » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:55 am

Red Apple Guy wrote:
MistyNix wrote:That`s a great loaf of bread I wish I could bake good bread mine always come out tasting yeasty and have the texture of a brick :o :oops: :( :lol:
Misty,it's not hard and this is a good place to learn. Galley is a good one to teach you the ropes.
Red
You've come to the right place Misty . . . as you can see by Red's photo, there's some talent here! Has it been awhile since you tried to bake bread? Have you tried the no-knead or better yet, the new stretch and pull method? It's my favorite . . . fun to see how it transforms water, yeast and flour with so little effort! Here's a link to the forum on the stretch and pull method! http://www.recipezazz.com/forum/viewtop ... f=7&t=5730