July -- Baking?????

Drop in for tips and discussions about bread baking or do you have a bread baking question? Your in the right place!

Moderator: Galley_Wench

Kchurchill5

Re: July -- Baking?????

Post by Kchurchill5 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:57 pm

I am so jealous of bread makers. Now, don't get me wrong - I have made bread; I can actually bake. I'm just impatient when it comes to baking. And, lets face it ... baking is a science and measuring is key. Cooking is NOT. I'm not patient, and I hate to measure, lol.

ChanaBen-Ezra

Post by ChanaBen-Ezra » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:59 pm

Galley_Wench wrote:If you're not familiar with the stretch and pull method here's a demonstration . . . http://www.recipezazz.com/forum/viewtop ... f=7&t=5730
THANK YOU! that`s a wonderful demo Galley Wench

ChanaBen-Ezra

Post by ChanaBen-Ezra » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:10 pm

Kchurchill5 wrote:I am so jealous of bread makers. Now, don't get me wrong - I have made bread; I can actually bake. I'm just impatient when it comes to baking. And, lets face it ... baking is a science and measuring is key. Cooking is NOT. I'm not patient, and I hate to measure, lol.
I agree with you 100% kchurchill5 :lol: I am also jealous :? I really believe it`s easier if you grow up in a home where your mother or grandmother bakes and teaches you so you get hands on training

Galley_Wench

Post by Galley_Wench » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:10 pm

Patience, I have none . . . guess I was at the wrong station when that was passed out! That's why the stretch and fold method works so well . . . once it's done, goes in the fridge and I bake as needed for the next 4 days!

Galley_Wench

Post by Galley_Wench » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:14 pm

PS: I don't measure . . . weighing is the only way to go. Well at least for the dry ingredients. Have to admit, after awhile you get to the point where you know when to add liquid or flour!

Galley_Wench

Post by Galley_Wench » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:17 pm

ChanaBen-Ezra wrote:
Kchurchill5 wrote:I am so jealous of bread makers. Now, don't get me wrong - I have made bread; I can actually bake. I'm just impatient when it comes to baking. And, lets face it ... baking is a science and measuring is key. Cooking is NOT. I'm not patient, and I hate to measure, lol.
I agree with you 100% kchurchill5 :lol: I am also jealous :? I really believe it`s easier if you grow up in a home where your mother or grandmother bakes and teaches you so you get hands on training
Mom was not a baker . . .I learned the hard way, I was up in North Dakota with a young family and not much else to do!

Galley_Wench

Post by Galley_Wench » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:21 pm

Off the subject . . . have to share tonight's dinner. Made waffles, using a boxed stuffing mix (few added ingredients) and made waffles, topped with leftover pork tenderloin with a cranberry/gravy over! It was great . . . opens up other 'baking' opportunities!

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:20 am

OMG that sounds amazing Diana!!!

Galley_Wench

Post by Galley_Wench » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:24 am

it was good, but next time I'll make my own cornbread dressing!

Djsautee

Post by Djsautee » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:00 pm

add me also I can't make bread :( sadly, I've tossed out so many "rocks" or yeasty-tasting loaves, I just don't bother scratch bread baking anymore, the closest to a good bread comes out from my breadmaker :P