Galley, this got me thinking

Drop in for tips and discussions about bread baking or do you have a bread baking question? Your in the right place!

Moderator: Galley_Wench

Dissie

Galley, this got me thinking

Post by Dissie » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:36 pm

I posted about the steam during rising the dough and you had never heard of it. Might be something, might not be, but has worked for me. But you mentioned that you do the steam thing during baking, and that interested me. Would you please post about how you do this and why and how this has helped. Thanks!

Galley_Wench

Re: Galley, this got me thinking

Post by Galley_Wench » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:52 pm

Sure . . . When I start the preheat of the oven I put a broiler pan or cast iron skillet in the oven to preheat. Once the oven is ready I put the bread in the oven and pour water in the pre-heated pan. A minuute or so later spray water on the oven walls. It helps to make a crispy crust!

Post by 23509854 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:07 am

More lights to do today. Yesterday I got about 4 items if that off my list of 20. More lights that didn't work; so, I was very unhappy. Back to Home Depot. My son came over and I used my ham for he and his gf. So, I ended up with a quick nuked stroganoff from the freezer. It was good; I just planned on quiche. Deepster, I can relate to your yesterday.

Galley_Wench

Post by Galley_Wench » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:24 am

23509854 wrote:More lights to do today. Yesterday I got about 4 items if that off my list of 20. More lights that didn't work; so, I was very unhappy. Back to Home Depot. My son came over and I used my ham for he and his gf. So, I ended up with a quick nuked stroganoff from the freezer. It was good; I just planned on quiche. Deepster, I can relate to your yesterday.

:?: Seems like a rewind . . . think this is a message from Kim (Sarasota) that goes back to a pre-Christmas post!

Just got home after 35 days of traveling and can hardly wait to get back to the galley . . . first got to get rid of 4 suitcase of dirty clothes. Maybe tomorrow. My sourdough needs exercising!