Come On In . .

Drop in for tips and discussions about bread baking or do you have a bread baking question? Your in the right place!

Moderator: Galley_Wench

Galley_Wench

Come On In . .

Post by Galley_Wench » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:11 pm

Welcome to the Baker's Cafe! This is the place to come for general chit chat about baking or anything else you wish to discuss.

Derf

Re: Come On In . .

Post by Derf » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:04 pm

I'll have a cuppa tea please and a piece of quick bread and butter,

HEY where is everyone :lol: :lol: :lol:

Crocus

Post by Crocus » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:42 am

I am here now. I made http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/shirle ... it-muffins this morning and even took a picture. They would be great in the cafe.

Derf

Post by Derf » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:54 am

Crocus wrote:I am here now. I made http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/shirle ... it-muffins this morning and even took a picture. They would be great in the cafe.

Hi Crocus, you muffins looks delicious, wish i had one with my coffee right now, would be lovely for Sunday breakie !!! I hope you will post your photo in the Food Photo Forum, we'd love to see you there !!

Crocus

Post by Crocus » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:32 pm

I just did that Derf. I did not have a photo hosting account but set one up with "WebShots". It was very simple to do so I'll start taking more pics!

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:53 pm

Crocus wrote:I am here now. I made http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/shirle ... it-muffins this morning and even took a picture. They would be great in the cafe.
Printed! Can see the Recipezazz recipes will need me to stock up on paper - good thing I have a trip to the city on my agenda this week.

Great photo Crocus, has me wanting one right now! :D

Galley_Wench

Post by Galley_Wench » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:58 pm

Wonder why I'm not getting notices of posting . . . I have it checked!

So Cal Gal

Post by So Cal Gal » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:43 pm

Hi everyone! Just thought I'd drop by to see what's going on. I've been visiting "The Tea Room - For Chat", but the only one chatting there is me...and it's getting kind of lonely. So I thought I'd come here...but it looks like it's been awhile since anyone was here too.

Well...I guess I'll just sit here with my hot cup of Chamomile tea, sweetened with a drizzle of wild honey, and my nice warm fresh muffin dripping with melted butter, until someone else shows up. (And there's more tea and muffins if anyone wants some!) ;) :D

Galley_Wench

Post by Galley_Wench » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:58 am

Welcome . . . I've been MIA for a few days, up in the SNOW country, YUK! Glad to be back in Sunny Tucson, although this morning it feels like winter here too! So, what kind of muffin ? . . . just got up and that sounds wonderful!

So Cal Gal

Post by So Cal Gal » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:35 am

Hi Galley_Wench--welcome back! It's a cold morning here in Los Angeles too, but it's supposed to warm up later (I can hardly wait!).

So, what kind of muffin would you like? Sweet? Savory? Plain? Fully-loaded (LOL!)? Muffin top? Regular size? Mini? :?: :D

Honestly, it's been awhile since I've baked much; but now that it's cold, I want to get back to it. I discovered last year that I have a problem with wheat, and most of what I used to bake had wheat in it; so I need to rethink things, and find some new recipes. Would you happen to have any tips or recipes for wheat-free baking?