Cook A Thon For Derf :)

Moderators: Derf, Bergy, QueenBea

AndiofLongmeadowFarm

Re: Cook A Thon For Derf :)

Post by AndiofLongmeadowFarm » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:18 am

Hello all! I am so sorry to hear of our good friend, Derf's passing, and would be honored to make Black Beans and Tomatoes, Hot and Spicy in her memory.

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:49 pm

I would like to thank our old friends for popping in and honouring our dear departed Derf. It warms my heart to see how many people she has touched.

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:14 pm

Well said Bea - A lovely tribute to honour a great gal!

Chef shapeweaver

Post by Chef shapeweaver » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:33 pm

Hi Everyone, :-H
I've got page 1 updated to here. :D
Like AcadiaToo, I'm so glad to see old friends here
paying tribute to such a wonderful and dear lady
that will be truly missed by us all.

MaMere

Post by MaMere » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:44 pm

I am certain it warms Derf to see so many of her friends gathered here.

Godspeed Dorothy, may you rest in peace.

Hugs to you Bergy, and my sincere condolences to both her Family, and Friends here.

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:40 pm

Shapes, would it be too hard to extend this cookathon for a few more weeks? Seems like people want to hold a cookathon in her honor since we have lost her. I know this was for being sick to begin with. But more and more people are coming by. Just an idea.

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:53 pm

Bea, she really did touch many of us. I am glad to have known her but it was online only. I wish I could have met her. She taught me how to make biscuits. Something I really stunk at until she told me how to do it. I made her recipe this morning for biscuits. I made her belly buster recipe Thursday. I sent her a card on Monday, hope it made it before the end, I hope she knows I sent one. I wanted her to know she was a special person to me. I so hope she got it. She is going to be truly missed by me.

All you people are special to me, the regulars. I truly think of you as friends. Derf was truly a good friend to me online. I almost felt like I knew a bit of her. What she shared of her and Don's life. The great meals she cooked for him and the meals he cooked for her. She shared them all. I will never forget her or what she shared.

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:39 pm

That is so lovely Dissie. You are a genuine considerate, warm person and I am so pleased to have met you, got to know you here on line. I have no doubt that if we met in person we would become really good friends

Shapes if you are willing Bea & I say keep the cookathon going

Chef shapeweaver

Post by Chef shapeweaver » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:03 am

Hey Ya'll, :-H
I'll be glad to keep it open a little longer. :D

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:28 am

Dissie that is very sweet. As Bergy said, you a warm person. You have a kind heart. I too am glad to have met you and all the regulars here. My family and friends know of all of you through your recipes and "chats" here. I often tell them, this is such and such's recipe we are having, and they'll say, oh yeah, she/he is the one that said this and that, lol....

We have a great bunch of regulars here :mrgreen: