Cook A Thon For Derf :)

Moderators: Derf, Bergy, QueenBea

Chef shapeweaver

Re: Cook A Thon For Derf :)

Post by Chef shapeweaver » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:43 am

Dissie wrote:I know these weren't tagged but I thought about our friend Derf today as I made her biscuits for another breakfast. We make these often and they are wonderful. She gave me the tips and told me how make biscuits that weren't hockey pucks. Love her recipe! I will be making it for years to come in her honor! Miss you Derf!

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/butter ... basic-3993
Hi Dissie, :-H
I don't mind if the recipe was tagged or not,
you made the recipe in memory of Derf.
And that's all that matters. :D

Chef shapeweaver

Post by Chef shapeweaver » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:44 am

It's not easy to put into words how much you miss
someone, and how much that person's attitude about
life has helped you. But I'll try, I've never
met this wonderful lady she made an impact on me and
I'm sure she made such an impact on a lot of us. :D
Even though, she's no longer with us in body, as long as
we remember her in our hearts,minds, and through her
recipes she will always be with us. :D
Hugs to you Derf. :YMHUG:
If you feel like you want to add your memories of Derf,
please feel free to do so. :D

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:26 am

Beautifully said Lee.

Derf was a very special lady and she has a special spot in my heart. She will be sadly missed but always remembered. Every time I make one of her recipes I feel she is there with me.

A great big Thanks for hosting this Cook - A - Thon.

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:12 pm

Derf & I becme friends back in the early recipezaar days. She was a very special person that gave so much of herself to others. She and Don had many personal tragedies that they overcame together. She was a strong willed person with very high personal standards. I miss her every day. Her memory will live on through her recipes and photos. You are not forgotten Derf.
Thanks Lee for organizing this Cookathon to honour our Derf.

Chef shapeweaver

Post by Chef shapeweaver » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:55 pm

Hi QB & Bergy, :-H
It was my pleasure to do something to honor a
very special lady.
And it should be me thanking everyone who
made,reviewed and even photographed any
of Derf's recipes. :D

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:30 pm

Bergy wrote:Derf & I becme friends back in the early recipezaar days. She was a very special person that gave so much of herself to others. She and Don had many personal tragedies that they overcame together. She was a strong willed person with very high personal standards. I miss her every day. Her memory will live on through her recipes and photos. You are not forgotten Derf.
Thanks Lee for organizing this Cookathon to honour our Derf.
I could never put into words how much I loved this lady. She was an inspiration to many of us and I for one will never forget her. I know she never knew how much I truly loved this lady. But I truly did and her death was very hard for me. Months after her death, I finally got back in the mail the get well card that I knew she never saw or her hubby never saw. That made me so sad because I wanted her to know how much I loved her or at least let her hubby know how much I loved her and what she meant to me, but that didn't happen,and it surely made me sad. I can't hardly believe the hospital wouldn't forward it on. I know from Heaven she knows and is smiling at me when I cook, I let that comfort me. She was an awesome woman, awesome cook and true friend. I will miss her so much and already do.

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:28 am

Dissie I talked to Don a couple of months ago and told him how much Derf was loved and that she is a permanent host on the photo forum - He was really pleased.
I think it is terrible that the hospital doesn't forward cards. I just had one returned for a very special friend that she never got to see so I know exactly how you feel.