Derf

Re: FARMER'S MARKET AND HOME GARDEN EVENT

Post by Derf » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:23 am

Bergy's wonderful refreshing #recipe7448
One of the best summer salads :D

Derf

Post by Derf » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:29 am

I somehow missed posting these here, when you harvest your tomaotes, do try these , soooo much better than bought canned stewed tomatoes, and these can be either frozen or canned. We loved them and i have some in the freezer now and will keep some there rather than buy them :D
Shadow's #recipe6250

Derf

Post by Derf » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:30 am

updated to here

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:11 am

Derf is there a recipe for your stewed tomatoes?

BTW they look fantastic. I just wanted to see what spices you add to yours. I loved stewed tomatoes.

Derf

Post by Derf » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:31 am

Dissie wrote:Derf is there a recipe for your stewed tomatoes?

BTW they look fantastic. I just wanted to see what spices you add to yours. I loved stewed tomatoes.
Sorry Dissie i forgot to put the link in, it's not my recipe, it is Shadow1's recipe

#recipe6250

i made mine as the recipe is written, (with dried oregano)< but you could season them in any way you like :D Another time i will add some cayenne to mine or some chipolte tobasco, could even add a little liquid smoke. almost any seasoning ya like would be good :!:

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:05 pm

I took some pics of the garden I have in the back yard. Just a few plants to have easy access to tomatoes and zucchini this summer. We planted the huge garden at my moms farm, where we will can and freeze and get most of our stuff. There is cabbage, broccoli, zucchini, beets, dill, potatoes, bush beans, peas, carrots, tomatoes, squash, lettuce, peppers, tomatoes, sweet corn, onions, bell peppers, and cucumbers out there. This is just my backyard small garden.

My lettuce and radishes
My parsley, which seems sick. Don't know what happened to it.
My small purple bells, they don't get much bigger than a cherry tomato. Pretty little peppers.
Pepper plant
Tomatoes
Cucumber
My pole beans-Second planting after rabbits ate the first ones-The gate is an antique that I dug out of my moms gas shed, going to work just fine for them to climb. I also planted morning glory's on the ends to climb, so there will be flowers on each end.
My zucchini
Bell Peppers
Basil
Strawberries
View from my kitchen window
My peony's-that got pelted by hail the last night
My tea rose, showing a sign of life!
and my impatiens next to my grill on the patio

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:19 pm

Awesome garden Dissie!!! I wish mine was doing that good. :?

Such a strange year here for gardening. Some things just didn't do so good. I was going to go strawberry picking tomorrow and take picks but they are calling for thunder showers for the next couple of days so I decided to come home from camp. Apparently the strawberry crops are fantastic this year....... I can't wait to get in there, lol.

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:28 pm

Thanks Bea! It is small but will work out fine for us to have access to fresh stuff without having to stop at my moms but she is on the way home from work so it wont be hard. Just inconvenient as we are tired by that time.

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:31 pm

There are also onions growing in the garden but I didn't take pics of those we have all seen onions. These are the big ones. Red ones. Hope they turn out good. You can see them in several pics.

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:19 am

Dissie your garden looks like you will be eating GOOD! Your basil looks fantastic - I hve planted two and both look sick .I just hope the weather here improves. We had a totally sunnny day today. Tomorrrow back to rain yuk!