Canada Victoria Day US Memorial Day Holiday Events

Moderators: Derf, Bergy, QueenBea

Derf

Re: Canada/United States Holiday Weekend Event

Post by Derf » Sun May 19, 2013 5:51 pm

Sunday...
Our eldest grandson Ian and his wife Farrah and their 4 kids , our greats, stopped in to visit , they are on a camping/fishing/football trip, just here for the day, time enough for brunch of scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns, English muffins toasted, jam, canteloupe and watermelon, and i didn't take a single photo, :roll: it just got too crazy busy :!: then off we went to watch Ian play football, this week end is their annual tournament, mostly his police buddies, gorgeous day to watch them play; they lost but that's ok, a great visit, now they are off to finish their camping trip at the Douglas Ranch, I forget the name of the lake on the ranch, anyway their visit made our Victoria Day week end wonderful :D :D :D

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Sun May 19, 2013 7:12 pm

QueenBea Imagine the lines were still frozen Ugh. Oh well you have the whole grand Summer ahead of you.

Derf How great that the Grandson & family coild stop and enjoy brunch with you. Happy times with family

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Sun May 19, 2013 7:25 pm

Had a wonderfull Victoria/ birthday time on Saturday. It was a family reunion celebrating the mother/grand mother, great grandmother/sister and friends 80th birthday and the start of the Victoria day weekend. The spread of ages was from 82 to 19 day baby. Twenty three in all. Great feast with traditional burgers, hotdogs multi different salads and a huge birthday cake with Icecream. The baby was adorable nd so happy - There were two young girls one age 8 the other 11and believe it or not they weren't texting, playing computer games or anything. They were so good and so content to mix and mingle with us oldiew - A really fun celebration. My contribution to the feast was a Baby Spinach Strawbrry Pecan salad. The recipe was just posted
http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/spinac ... salad-9639
I used bought Creamy Poppyseed Dressing and served it along side so it was not sitting in the heat on the salad. Everything was delish, people and food.

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Sun May 19, 2013 8:15 pm

What a great looking salad Bergy, awesome photos!!

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Sun May 19, 2013 10:02 pm

Bergy that salad looks wonderful.
We aren't doing much for memorial day, probably weeding the garden and having a cookout of course. Going to ask my mom to come and my daughter and her boyfriend. Probably going to be burgers and hotdogs, but that might change to chicken. Who know's? Haven't planned it all out yet. But potato salad and macaroni salad with burgers sure sounds good. Oh yeah, can't forget the beans, might make cowboy beans. I love those! I have venison sausage that needs to be used up, so might make them venison cowboy beans. Yummmm

Deepster

Post by Deepster » Sun May 19, 2013 10:56 pm

OMG :!: The salad!!!! This is spectacular! I will have this at least once this week. Thanks for the pics :D

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Sun May 19, 2013 11:49 pm

Thanks for the comments all

Deepster what I did instead of tossing all the ingredients I layered the spinach, strawberries, pecans and bacon bits - This took 3 layers. Make your own Poppy seed dressing but as a shortcut I bought Kraft and it was perfect.

Deepster

Post by Deepster » Mon May 20, 2013 12:17 am

I'll take that to heart, Bergy. Anything looking that good should not be tampered with :D .

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Mon May 20, 2013 12:26 am

Thanks Deepster. It was neat because there were all these lovely salads and I mean good looking, good tasting too but I received a lot of compliments just on the look of the salad -- and I may add after the taste trying it.. The Poppy salad dressing is a must. - whether you make your own or shortcut like I did.

Derf

Post by Derf » Mon May 20, 2013 2:06 am

wow beautiful salad Bergy, sounds like you had a great get together :!: