Mother's Day Event

Moderators: Derf, Bergy, QueenBea

Bergy

Re: Mother's Day Event

Post by Bergy » Mon May 13, 2013 8:12 pm

Engrossed wrote:Okay, here is a photo of my Filipino Mother's Day meal my MIL prepared. I'll post more photos in the photo forum.

On plate: Chocolate Meat "Dinuguan" (Pork Blood Stew) Hubby's favorite, and my Mom got seconds because she thought it was a type of Mole LOL. Mung Bean Stew "Mongo Guisado" My favorite. Sauteed water spinach (Kangkong). Pancit and rice.

Oh that looks so tempting - I know I would love every one of those recipes
Great photo too

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Mon May 13, 2013 8:14 pm

Sue as always you have done yourself proud. Great sounding meals and really good looking photos

Chef shapeweaver

Post by Chef shapeweaver » Mon May 13, 2013 8:17 pm

QueenBea wrote:I worked a twelve hour shift today so Wayne told me he wanted to make something special for dinner, so I waited until I got home to eat, I was starved, lol.

As some of you know, I was recently diagnosed with celiac disease so I have been setting myself up to adjust to a gluten free casein free lifestyle. It has been a chore to clean up and re-store the pantry with foods that are "safe" for me to eat.

When we were coming back from camp this week we drove by our favourite pizza place and I told him that is one food I was going to miss the most :(

Well the sweetheart that he is, he has secretly been researching through recipe books and recipe sites for a gluten free, casein free pizza and he came up with a couple of recipes he chose and turned out an amazing pizza!!!!

He found a mozzarella cheese like product called Daiyla, sooo good. It's just like cheese.

All my favourite toppings were on there too. Oh boy......... I am so stuffed. I'm sure I gained a million pounds, hehehehehehehe

He even took the photos, I feel so loved.

Now for the best part of my special day, Chantal came over and cleaned my house from top to bottom!!!

I was so happy, Both Wayne and I have been working crazy hours and have just been basically cleaning up after ourselves as we go. So, to come home to a totally clean house was awesome!!!
WOW !!!!
What a WONDERFUL looking pizza, you would never guess
it was gluten & casein free.Please,please post the recipe. :D
Gluten free pizza AND a clean house what a great Mother's Day.

Engrossed

Post by Engrossed » Mon May 13, 2013 8:23 pm

Bergy wrote:
Engrossed wrote:Okay, here is a photo of my Filipino Mother's Day meal my MIL prepared. I'll post more photos in the photo forum.

On plate: Chocolate Meat "Dinuguan" (Pork Blood Stew) Hubby's favorite, and my Mom got seconds because she thought it was a type of Mole LOL. Mung Bean Stew "Mongo Guisado" My favorite. Sauteed water spinach (Kangkong). Pancit and rice.

Oh that looks so tempting - I know I would love every one of those recipes
Great photo too
Yeah, but unfortunately my MIL never cooks from recipes and doesn't measure anything...it's so frustrating. I will post the versions I can find online or in cookbooks eventually though.

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Mon May 13, 2013 9:14 pm

Wow, what awesome looking meals!!!

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Wed May 15, 2013 10:05 am

It was really heartwarming to hear your stories of how you remember your Mom. Thanks for sharing with us.

NuMairoo

Post by NuMairoo » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:20 am

Yes, it was what you recommend. I think it's
goldenslot

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:48 am

Something funny going on here I did not post all of theses posts

Post by 21249430 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:21 am

Wow, what awesome