Mother's Day Event

Moderators: Derf, Bergy, QueenBea

Kchurchill5

Re: Mother's Day Event

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat May 11, 2013 11:07 pm

Well, my Mothers Day breakfast is made. Just me, but I'm heading to the beach for the sunrise ... so early.

I soft scrambled some eggs, Italian sausage; added a few onions, peppers, and onions. Cooled and topped with pepperjack. In the am. I will heat it up. Add to a warm burrito, wrap i parchment and foil to keep warm.

Bloody Mary ... fresh made from my own tomatoes. In a thermos ... and my mini bottle of vodka on the side which I will add add the beach. A slice of lime and celery stick. Watch the sunrise, walk on the beach ...

And Mommy will smilin' down at me wishing she was there!
The rest of the day. Yard and garden work. Just enjoying the outside.

racrgal

Post by racrgal » Sun May 12, 2013 11:17 am

Bergy wrote:
racrgal wrote:Mother's Day has been a bit odd for me for most of my adult life. My mother was taken from me in 1982, I never had children and Sweetie's mother passed away this February. All of that makes for a rather strange "holiday".

HOWEVER this year is going to be flat flippin AWESOME! After MIL's death I was able to locate my "adopted" son. (We lost track of each other a dozen years ago.) Tomorrow I am driving three hours to see him and meet his family. I'm so excited, I feel like a kid at Christmas! :D
I am so happy for you! I got goosebumps just thinking how great this is going to be for you!!! Happy Mother's Day for sure for you If you can take photos!
Oh Bergy, it was the best day ever! We hugged and cried and cried and cried. His family is adorable. Three boys and a girl, ages 2,3,4,8. The 2 year old is a little shy but the other three thought it was wonderful to have someone new to play with. Wifey is a sweetheart. I also got to meet her mother and sisters. All really nice people. He's blessed with a wonderful family and I'm blessed to have found him again. :D

racrgal

Post by racrgal » Sun May 12, 2013 11:25 am

That is the best Mother's day story i've heard ever :D :!: that is pure happiness :!:[/quote]

Derf, it was WONDERFUL! Three hour drive each way but worth every second on the road.

They will be visiting here in a few weeks. I'm going to surprise him with a red velvet cake and meatloaf. The day he came to live with me, I had made meatloaf for dinner because it "holds" well. I didn't know for sure what time he would arrive. He said "I don't like meatloaf." I said "You've got two choices". He immediately perked up until I said "Take it or leave it". As a hungry teenager, he ate it and loved it. When he got out of boot camp he wanted meatloaf his first night home. To this day he won't eat anyone else's meatloaf. :lol:

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Sun May 12, 2013 1:17 pm

Rcergal What a wonderful Mother's day you Had. How did you get separated?

racrgal

Post by racrgal » Sun May 12, 2013 4:10 pm

Lots of things Bergy. He was sent to Texas by the Marines. His nutso ex wife created havoc in his life. Changes in phone numbers. I moved twice. e-mail changes. When my ex was diagnosed "terminal" and my MIL died, I decided I'd make a committed effort to find him. I'm thrilled that I did. :D Life is indeed too short to be without those we love.

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Sun May 12, 2013 7:05 pm

racr that is such a touching story :X I'm so happy for you. I love happy endings....

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Sun May 12, 2013 8:16 pm

I worked a twelve hour shift today so Wayne told me he wanted to make something special for dinner, so I waited until I got home to eat, I was starved, lol.

As some of you know, I was recently diagnosed with celiac disease so I have been setting myself up to adjust to a gluten free casein free lifestyle. It has been a chore to clean up and re-store the pantry with foods that are "safe" for me to eat.

When we were coming back from camp this week we drove by our favourite pizza place and I told him that is one food I was going to miss the most :(

Well the sweetheart that he is, he has secretly been researching through recipe books and recipe sites for a gluten free, casein free pizza and he came up with a couple of recipes he chose and turned out an amazing pizza!!!!

He found a mozzarella cheese like product called Daiyla, sooo good. It's just like cheese.

All my favourite toppings were on there too. Oh boy......... I am so stuffed. I'm sure I gained a million pounds, hehehehehehehe

He even took the photos, I feel so loved.

Now for the best part of my special day, Chantal came over and cleaned my house from top to bottom!!!

I was so happy, Both Wayne and I have been working crazy hours and have just been basically cleaning up after ourselves as we go. So, to come home to a totally clean house was awesome!!!

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Sun May 12, 2013 8:20 pm

Bea I know you deserve it but what a great DH & DD you have. Wonderful Mother's day story.
The photos are super - That Pizza looks good enought to eat and LOVE it

Post the Pizza recipe!!!!! :D :D :D :D

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Sun May 12, 2013 8:44 pm

Bergy wrote:Bea I know you deserve it but what a great DH & DD you have. Wonderful Mother's day story.
The photos are super - That Pizza looks good enought to eat and LOVE it

Post the Pizza recipe!!!!! :D :D :D :D
Oh I will Bergy, he jotted it all down O:-)

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Sun May 12, 2013 8:51 pm

Here is a sweet mother's day video I thought was quite cute....

http://www.wimp.com/sweetperspective/