Mother's Day Event

Moderators: Derf, Bergy, QueenBea

Kchurchill5

Re: Mother's Day Event

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sun May 12, 2013 10:46 pm

What a great Mothers Day QB; and everyone. Such amazing nice stories.

QB, that pizza looks amazing!

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Mon May 13, 2013 12:00 am

Bea that is so special

Engrossed

Post by Engrossed » Mon May 13, 2013 1:48 am

This thread is so touching! Brings tears to my eyes. Such a wonderful ways each of you have honored those that are living and those that have passed. Racr, what an amazing story! So great that he is only 3 hours away too! Bea, you have a wonderful Husband and Daughter.

I feel kind of boring. My MIL wanted to come over to celebrate my Birthday and invited my Mom too. My MIL cooked Filipino, and we all talked while my FIL entertained Max. I forgot to take photos, but maybe I will of leftovers (it's not very pretty food though). Nothing was made from recipes. She made everything except the "chocolate meat" which is various beef parts cooked in a blood sauce, my Hubby's favorite. My MIL buys this one at a Filipino restaurant and doesn't attempt to make it LOL. She made my favorite dish which is mung beans with greens and pork. She also made pancit, rice, Filipino Fruit Salad with Nestle cream, and a shredded cantalope drink with almond jello cubes. Oh yeah, I made one thing: sauteed kangkong (water spinach). We had my favorite Ube ice cream for dessert. She also got soursop tea and juice for my Mom and brought various snacks: boiled peanuts, garlic peanuts, shrimp chips, coconut cookies, and some steamed cakes that are made with rice flour and coconut. I feel like I should have done more, but I'm always at a loss of what to do, besides cooking, and today my MIL who doesn't like to sit still wanted to do it.

Also, like I mentioned on other threads it was 102F here today! I had the air conditioner running full blast and Max went outside to play in the water in the evening.

Chef shapeweaver

Post by Chef shapeweaver » Mon May 13, 2013 8:27 am

I made this meal to honor my Mom,who passed away several years ago.
Boneless Fried Chicken Breast which was seasoned w/Kentucky Fried Chicken Spice Mix
Lima Beans w/ham & onion
My plate, which had mashed potatoes w/gravy.Also with corn & stuffed
eggs.

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Mon May 13, 2013 10:53 am

Engrossed wrote:This thread is so touching! Brings tears to my eyes. Such a wonderful ways each of you have honored those that are living and those that have passed. Racr, what an amazing story! So great that he is only 3 hours away too! Bea, you have a wonderful Husband and Daughter.

I feel kind of boring. My MIL wanted to come over to celebrate my Birthday and invited my Mom too. My MIL cooked Filipino, and we all talked while my FIL entertained Max. I forgot to take photos, but maybe I will of leftovers (it's not very pretty food though). Nothing was made from recipes. She made everything except the "chocolate meat" which is various beef parts cooked in a blood sauce, my Hubby's favorite. My MIL buys this one at a Filipino restaurant and doesn't attempt to make it LOL. She made my favorite dish which is mung beans with greens and pork. She also made pancit, rice, Filipino Fruit Salad with Nestle cream, and a shredded cantalope drink with almond jello cubes. Oh yeah, I made one thing: sauteed kangkong (water spinach). We had my favorite Ube ice cream for dessert. She also got soursop tea and juice for my Mom and brought various snacks: boiled peanuts, garlic peanuts, shrimp chips, coconut cookies, and some steamed cakes that are made with rice flour and coconut. I feel like I should have done more, but I'm always at a loss of what to do, besides cooking, and today my MIL who doesn't like to sit still wanted to do it.

Also, like I mentioned on other threads it was 102F here today! I had the air conditioner running full blast and Max went outside to play in the water in the evening.
The meal sounds wonderful - I hope you can take some photos of the left overs. I know what you mean T so many delicious recipes are not all that pretty but the flavour makes up for it!

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Mon May 13, 2013 10:55 am

Shapes Great looking dinner to honour your Mom. I could sure dig into that chicken steak. It all looks so good in your clear photos!

racrgal

Post by racrgal » Mon May 13, 2013 2:42 pm

QueenBea wrote:racr that is such a touching story :X I'm so happy for you. I love happy endings....
Thanks, Bea. It's a happy new beginning too! I just can't wait to spoil his kids to pieces. :D

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Mon May 13, 2013 3:07 pm

I think it looks like a great dinner! Memories are the best

Engrossed

Post by Engrossed » Mon May 13, 2013 7:03 pm

Okay, here is a photo of my Filipino Mother's Day meal my MIL prepared. I'll post more photos in the photo forum.

On plate: Chocolate Meat "Dinuguan" (Pork Blood Stew) Hubby's favorite, and my Mom got seconds because she thought it was a type of Mole LOL. Mung Bean Stew "Mongo Guisado" My favorite. Sauteed water spinach (Kangkong). Pancit and rice.

Sue

Post by Sue » Mon May 13, 2013 7:45 pm

Our dinner plans got bumped around a bit because of some things we bought Saturday- the ramps and the fresh peas which I wanted to use asap.
So we had ribs and peas and potatoes with ramps. Brunch was a frittata, served with a simple banana and raisin bread toast. Afternoon snack ended up being the soup and also some lemonade.
This is the dinner part- the rest I will post in the forum.

No recipe for the ribs.