1stJuly/4th July Fun Event

Moderators: Derf, Bergy, QueenBea

Bergy

Re: 1stJuly/4th July Fun Event

Post by Bergy » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:51 pm

I may have to lease a Jet - I know it won't be on the 1July cause you are working but will you make it on the 4th? Perfect selections for the holidays.

I will be having some weird ones for the holiday weekend - Tonight is East Indian, Tomorrow will be Italian burgers and Sunday Black Alaska smoke cod.
I am missing an arm and a leg because I bought the cod. We love it and it is a holiday SOoooooooo

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Bergy wrote:I may have to lease a Jet - I know it won't be on the 1July cause you are working but will you make it on the 4th? Perfect selections for the holidays.

I will be having some weird ones for the holiday weekend - Tonight is East Indian, Tomorrow will be Italian burgers and Sunday Black Alaska smoke cod.
I am missing an arm and a leg because I bought the cod. We love it and it is a holiday SOoooooooo

:D :lol: :lol: :D

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:59 pm

Kchurchill5 wrote:Am I invited? All those look good.
Of course you are KC ;) Come on over.... :twisted:

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:53 pm

Bergy is sounds good -
I have a big California party for a friend moving to - where else - CA for a new job. It is tomorrow night. About 24+, but 6 of us are throwing it and all of us cooking, so not too bad. Cooking all CA type of food.

Personally, I would love be at a friends in St Pete who is having a PRE-FOURTH party tomorrow; but I had already agreed to this. But tomorrow, they are having ...

Hot Dogs and sausages with all the toppings, baked beans, potato salad, coleslaw and corn on the cob and one of those cute stuffed fruit vodka watermelons. HOW SUMMERY IS THAT?

Now that is a great way to celebrate this time of year!!

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:05 am

This was my first of my Canada day Weekend meals

I have just proved that you can have a gormet dinner with bought items not junk food.
This was an East Indian dinner and it was SO good - Okay I bought a can of DAL, a package of frozen Vegetable Parokas, artificial crab leggs, a jar of gormet Curry sauce (Local Farmers market) and a speccial Raspberry toasted Pecan dressing.

Here is my Mango/Banana salad with Raspberry toasted pecan dressing

Artificial Crab legs with curry sauce

The dinner with the Parokas in the background

I will give you any of the brand names, just ask, but I didn't want to look like I am trying to sell them

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:16 am

Bergy that is a great looking meal!!

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:38 am

Store bought or NOT, that looks like a great dinner. Love the pics. That salad has great color; especially on those blue plates.

Derf

Post by Derf » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:58 am

We started out our Canada Day week end with an invitation to a Canada Day Brunch at a retirement residential home with friends that have retired there. wow i was impressed, the food was outstanding, with entertainment too. we all wore red and white for Canada's flag. i couldn't take photos, but wanted to share the menu with you all, the theme was dishes from across Canada, and was soooo gorgeously laid out and delicious, the tables were all set in red and white too.
the menu:::
Coffee, Tea and wine
Hot Dishes
Alberta beef patties with muchroom sauce
Breaded newfoundland cod with green onion dill butter
Quebec tourtiere Pie
Fraser Valler vegetable medley
Prince Edward scalloped potato
Cold Presentations
BC Hothouse tomato salad with bocconcini
West coast smoked salmon and Pacific shrimp
Assorted Canadian Cheese
Desserts
baked Ontario peach cobbler - served warm
Okanagan apple Pie
Assorted squares and cream Puffs
Fresh local strawberries with whipped cream

Every one of the dishes were set out so beautifully by the chef, and sooo delicious, had to taste them all :o I soo wish i could have taken photos :!:

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:57 am

That sounds so fantastic - I think I would love to live in that retirement home. How patriotic and what a great menu representing all of Canada.

'Image

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:45 pm

Here is a great burger recipe I made a while back. This would be perfect for this kind of occasion.

Bergy's https://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/au-jus-onion-burgers