1stJuly/4th July Fun Event

Moderators: Derf, Bergy, QueenBea

QueenBea

Re: 1stJuly/4th July Fun Event

Post by QueenBea » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:13 pm

Those are all drool worthy photos, WOW!!!

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:54 am

Derf

Post by Derf » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:54 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY USA

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:06 pm

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:07 pm

What ya cook'n?

LindasBusyKitchen

Post by LindasBusyKitchen » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:26 am

All the photos look so delicious! At my sisters earlier in the day we had burgers, hotdogs, sausages, Potato Salad, my gram's boston baked beans, coleslaw, green rice, chips, and pickles. For dessert I made a Butterfinger Cake. Everything was great and everyone ate like it was their last meal!

Later on at my house in the early evening we had steamed clams right off the boat for 2.00 a pound (I dipped mine in butter and malt vinegar). We had corn on the cob with parmesan cheese, (my friend made up her own recipe for the corn with butter, mustard, horseradish and a few spices, but I can't eat much horseradish, so I passed) along with pasta salad with celery, deviled ham and eggs. We also had potato salad and coleslaw for our 4th of July cookout here where I live. Everyone chipped in and bought their own clams, then we cooked them in an aluminum turkey pan with inch of water, on the grill along with the corn. It was great that we didn't have to heat up our apartments by cooking them inside and they tasted great! I didn't get photos this time, as I forgot to grab my camera, and it was a busy day for me and in the midst of things I completely forgot about taking pics, but we enjoyed it, and everything tasted so good outside!

I hope everyone had a great holiday!

Linda

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:02 am

Bergy wrote:What ya cook'n?
We ate way too much food yesterday; but successful.

Bloody Mary steaks, corn with different butters were a hit; the whole pig roasted was fantastic and when I left at 8ish there wasn't too much left. There is usually another group of friends that don't cook, but they offer to do the clean up, so today, Thurs, I will go over and and he makes a little package of leftovers for all those who helped cook and clean up which is really nice. It is usually a plate of pork, sometimes a few salads; but, mostly he gives the leftovers to the families with kids.

Here are some pics of fireworks from my friend; I did not stay, but these were down at our water front; they are pretty. Hope you enjoy ... Oh, and the shrimp was just one of the plates (firecracker shrimp); it was just one of the dishes served at lunch time; it was much spicier than it looks. Taken by my friends cell.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:07 am

Linda, those clams sound fantastic!!

Sounds like you had a great day. Yep, pics for me was not going to happen. I was on an ATV, horse, pool, grilling; so the camera ... NO way, I didn't even have my phone with me.

But, I think it sounds like a great 4th for you. Clams on the grill like that I am sure were awesome.

BTW, I'm glad I'm not the only one who is up! 4am, and wide awake; yikes!

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:42 am

LindasBusyKitchen wrote:All the photos look so delicious! At my sisters earlier in the day we had burgers, hotdogs, sausages, Potato Salad, my gram's boston baked beans, coleslaw, green rice, chips, and pickles. For dessert I made a Butterfinger Cake. Everything was great and everyone ate like it was their last meal!

Later on at my house in the early evening we had steamed clams right off the boat for 2.00 a pound (I dipped mine in butter and malt vinegar). We had corn on the cob with parmesan cheese, (my friend made up her own recipe for the corn with butter, mustard, horseradish and a few spices, but I can't eat much horseradish, so I passed) along with pasta salad with celery, deviled ham and eggs. We also had potato salad and coleslaw for our 4th of July cookout here where I live. Everyone chipped in and bought their own clams, then we cooked them in an aluminum turkey pan with inch of water, on the grill along with the corn. It was great that we didn't have to heat up our apartments by cooking them inside and they tasted great! I didn't get photos this time, as I forgot to grab my camera, and it was a busy day for me and in the midst of things I completely forgot about taking pics, but we enjoyed it, and everything tasted so good outside!

I hope everyone had a great holiday!

Linda
Linda that was a busy Yummy day all around - You are forgiven for not taking pictures. Those clams sound wonderful - getting them right off th boat. I remember when I was quite young the lady we were visiting waded out to a shrimp boat and got a whole large pot of shrimp. Boy were they ever good.
You sure had a feast of a day - Thanks for sharing

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:46 am

Kchurchill5 wrote:
Bergy wrote:What ya cook'n?
We ate way too much food yesterday; but successful.

Bloody Mary steaks, corn with different butters were a hit; the whole pig roasted was fantastic and when I left at 8ish there wasn't too much left. There is usually another group of friends that don't cook, but they offer to do the clean up, so today, Thurs, I will go over and and he makes a little package of leftovers for all those who helped cook and clean up which is really nice. It is usually a plate of pork, sometimes a few salads; but, mostly he gives the leftovers to the families with kids.

Here are some pics of fireworks from my friend; I did not stay, but these were down at our water front; they are pretty. Hope you enjoy ... Oh, and the shrimp was just one of the plates (firecracker shrimp); it was just one of the dishes served at lunch time; it was much spicier than it looks. Taken by my friends cell.

KC Thanks for the fireworks - By the look of your first post and this one you sure had a bang up (pun) day. Mmm I love firecracker Prawns those look so good. Great food, great people and great fun Thanks for sharing