April Event - Photo Editing

Moderators: Derf, Bergy, QueenBea

Bergy

April Event - Photo Editing

Post by Bergy » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:44 pm

For this event to be fun please post your photos and please give and take suggestions how it may be changed, Please play with other photos

Bergy

Re: April Event - Photo Editing

Post by Bergy » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:54 pm

The photo editing program that I use is "Adobe Photo Elements 4". Photo Elements is now up to version #10. I updated to Elements #6 but keep using my old program because I am so comfortable with it. The program costs arount $100.00 but you can find lower prices on the internet. It is great to use for making cards too.
Elements has a number of tools that you allows you to lighten a certain area of your photo, clone over another background, use a paint brush to recolor an area, brighten, increase contrast and many more that I will explain if and when I use them to edit my photos. There are also a lot of automatic "Fixes" that you can use. - I know nothing about any of the editing programs on the internet - This is where you can teach me and others when you explain what you use and how you use

I'll start out by poting these two photos: The recipe that they were to be posted on is for the fish. In the first one I saw a plate that didn't focus on the fish and had a lot of wasted space -the plate has colour cast on and the photo needed better contrast and light. So I cropped the photo first, then used the contrst and the brightening tools.

This first photo is unedited just how it came out of the camera:

This second photo has been cropped and brightened:

Now please feel free to play with either photo - express your ideas and how you would like to change anything at all. Mainly Have fun!!

Derf

Post by Derf » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:05 pm

Wonderful Bergy, this is gonna be a lovely learning experience for all of us, looking forward to seeing how members go about presenting their photos :!:

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:41 pm

HERE IS ANOTHER CHALLENGE - Try to match what the original poster did to edit their photo!

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:43 pm

Looking forward to this event, any help I can get with editing is welcomed. Bergy, you did an awesome job with these graphics :P

racrgal

Post by racrgal » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:14 pm

Wonderful idea, Bergy! I'll be a bit busy this month but will be checking in to see what is going on.

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:00 am

racrgal wrote:Wonderful idea, Bergy! I'll be a bit busy this month but will be checking in to see what is going on.
Thanks racrgal Look forward to seeing you here when you can make it!

Axe

Post by Axe » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:39 am

Now THIS is a topic I'm going to watch very closely!

Great job Bergy (as always)!

I'm going to participate in this one heavily, as I really need to learn a lot.

Thanks for this one!

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:43 am

Axe wrote:Now THIS is a topic I'm going to watch very closely!

Great job Bergy (as always)!

I'm going to participate in this one heavily, as I really need to learn a lot.

Thanks for this one!
Yea Axe Great to see that you'll be here - We will all Learn from each other!

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:50 am

Here is last nights dinner
Unedited photo

Edited

Using Photo Elements4 I edited the color cast, cropped, brightened and added contrast plus I cloned over some of the sauce drops on the plate. I wanted to get the focus on the meatballs