April Event - Photo Editing

Moderators: Derf, Bergy, QueenBea

Bergy

Re: April Event - Photo Editing

Post by Bergy » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:11 pm

Derf I had fun with a third of your egg photos

Unedited

Edited
ImageI cropped it a bit more, took out the reflection right side by cloning over it, upped contrast and brightness Thanks it was fun
Might be a bit yellow!

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:45 am

We have been showing you a lot of editing to a photo - that just isn't necessary with all photos here are two photos:

Unedited

Posted edited Photo

See any difference in them? Hardly anything was needed just a wee bit of cropping - notice lower right corner

Derf

Post by Derf » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:19 pm

Bergy wrote:We have been showing you a lot of editing to a photo - that just isn't necessary with all photos here are two photos:

Unedited

Posted edited Photo

See any difference in them? Hardly anything was needed just a wee bit of cropping - notice lower right corner

Lovely Bergy :!: it makes a huge difference when you have wonderful daylight lighting, so nice to have daylight around supper time again !!

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:58 pm

I agree, the pics look so much crisper with the daylight!!

Engrossed

Post by Engrossed » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:56 am

Hello over here :D Sorry I haven't found the time to come by here more often. I really do admire the hosts skills here.

I just use the basic photo editing software that came with my canon camera. Usually it's just cropping and maybe saturation and brightness. I have horrible lighting where I take photos and I think that is my primary problem. I'm going to have to look into that shutterfly! Is it compatible with Mac?

If you'd like to play with these photos I haven't posted yet, feel free. The only edit I made so far was to crop them.

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/ham-and-rice-casserole

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:17 am

Great to see you here Engrossed - I'll be back to play with your photos after Brunch Lovely seeing you here. Yes Shutterfly is compatible with a mac (I don't know anything about it thought)

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:18 am

Here is another example of what cropping can do for aphoto

Unedited

Edited - The photo was for the turkey burger

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:18 pm

Hi Engrossed Here is my take - I increased contrast and brightened it a bit. I took out the partial ple by painting over it

With this on I pretty much did the same incresed the contrast, britened it Then I painted over Freddies foot on the right hand side and again took out the partial plate. Also I painted out the bit of colour behind Freddies head.

The photos are still not crystal clear - I hope someone else plays with them. Thanks Engrossed it was fun. Please say what you may or maynot like

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:33 pm

And here is my little play around with my new shutterfly. All I did was brighten the darker colors.

I'm having fun playing around with this download, lol..

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:53 pm

Bea great job with the colors! Much sharper than mine