April Event - Photo Editing

Moderators: Derf, Bergy, QueenBea

Bergy

Re: April Event - Photo Editing

Post by Bergy » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:58 pm

Derf Your edit of my meatballs is better than the original please post to recipe. They still look like stuffed mushrooms istead of meatballs
The edit of your photo is fabulous. What a differene - Excellent example of what editing can do.

Yes we have improved by a long shot. But you know what? When we posted those original photos we didn't think they were half bad :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Derf

Post by Derf » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:30 pm

YUP i can remember being so pleased with myself for posting a photo :lol: :lol: :lol: and back then we didn't have a clue about editing, :lol: :lol: :lol: it has over time turned into a real fun hobby :!:

Derf

Post by Derf » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:09 pm

here are some to play and have some fun with :D
stuffed eggs, lets see how you would edit differently :!:

straight from the camera unedited

edited

uneditied

edited

unedited

edited

imedited

edited

for all of them i have cropped, levels, contrast, slight sharpen, removed colour cast,
those are the things i usually do with my photos. The change i most notice when doing them is when i remove the colour cast, i think my white setting on my camera is not right.

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:46 pm

Hi I'll be back later and tomorrow AM to play with these gorgeous photos
Those eggs sure look good!

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:08 pm

Derf Here iare the first photo unedited and edited

Your unedited

Edited

I did just about the same as you I upped contrast and brightness a bit thats allI didn't crop. I am going to play with this some more - I see where I can do a couple of things To-morrow - Off to a movie and a burger :D

Final edit I took out some bits that were dropped an two refection areas
Taking out crumbs or droppings around an object can detract from a photo - It all depends - What do you think of it here?

Derf

Post by Derf » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:40 pm

Great job Bergy :!:
I really like the reflection areas you took out, but to me the sprinkling of the nuts is a part of the recipe and i kinda like them there, to me they make the photo more "homey", if that 's a word, and inviting.
BUT you did a fantastic job of taking them out so neatly and no one would know thay had ever been there, great example of removing items from a photo :!:

It is really interesting to see how each viewer's eye is different and to see how each would edit differently, especially cropping, i like to do as much cropping with the camera as i can, but that makes me end up with way too many photos, some with distance, and some close up so there is little cropping to do, and different angles.
i always figure if i don't use it or don't like it i can always delete it, so i don't mind having more than i can use.

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:54 pm

Here is Derf'sunedited

My edited

I did the same as derf cropped, up contrst, bit of brightness and the cloned out some bits and pieces. I darkened the upper background for more contrastwith the shrimp.Also I cut off the reflection bottom right. Mine is a bit wider view that Derfs

As I said each of us see things a bit differently -There is no right or wrong it is what appeals to each of us.

Derf

Post by Derf » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:02 pm

wow , love the darkening of the background, really brings out the back eggs.

:lol: :lol: :lol: love the "duck" , never would have noticed that , goes to show we all see different :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:06 pm

Here is another unedited

Edited

I really took some liberties with this photo The half hens really was well browned but this shot caught an under side that needed browning. - so I cloned the golden brown on. I also cropped, upped the contrast, brightened a bit
Play with either of them if you want.

Come post your own, show how you have cropped your photos

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:27 pm

Bergy that is an awesome edit!!!!