April Event - Photo Editing

Moderators: Derf, Bergy, QueenBea

Derf

Re: April Event - Photo Editing

Post by Derf » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:43 pm

Here's my fun with Freddie

engrossed original

I put some prospective in, levels, contrast, unmask sharp, removed colour cast and lighteded 25% and cropped it.

engrosed original

Did everything the same as the other photo except i did not lighten this one. The lighter look comes from adjusting the levels and removing the colour cast.

i wasn't satisfied with the colour or white balance in this one so I adjusted both and i think i like this one better, what do you think??

Thanks for the fun playing with Freddie :D

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:38 pm

I like the last one best also Derf, I like the cropping on it also.

Engrossed

Post by Engrossed » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:11 pm

Hello :D Sorry had a long day yesterday out at the zoo. Thanks so much for playing with my photos! :D Let's see...

Bergy, I like how you made the food look...but you don't like my pretty Polish Stoneware casserole lid? :lol: And I'm not too sure about the black painting, as it is visible...and did you notice you either stabbed Freddy cat near his eye, or gave him one big ass whisker! :lol: :lol:

Bea, boy I really need to download that shutterfly! You have been getting good results with it. I like how it does look crisper and the green beans and ham stand out, but there is something off about it...reminds me of the color photos in old cookbooks for some reason. :? :)

Derf, I think you are the winner! :o :D I love the Freddy Cat edit, except I wouldn't have cropped off the top of his ears. :lol: I think I like the first edit better of the other photo, as the last one is kinda grainy, and the white of the casserole dish turned blue...it also has that old cookbook look. :)

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:57 pm

Engrossed that is great feedback - Thanks That's what this event is all about!

Derf

Post by Derf » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:18 am

Thanks :D it was fun playing, i cropped the top of his ears cus there was something whiteish along the top of the photo and i'm not that good at cloning things out, it was easier to crop it out. I've noticed the more ya play with a photo the grainery it gets especially when playing with colour and shapness, they get a little pixilated. it is so easy to overdo editing :D

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:35 am

Hi everyone guess we have hit a quiet space - Anyone want to any editing questions? Show your before and after photos? - They are sure all welcome, Show them or ask for help there are lots of expert editing folks here!

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Tue May 01, 2012 11:45 am

That's it for this month - Any questions just ask thy in our regular forum

Derf

Post by Derf » Tue May 01, 2012 7:44 pm

Thanks Bergy for a fun and interesting April event, I picked up some great hints from this event :!:

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Tue May 01, 2012 7:57 pm

You are welcome and thanks Derf - Editing is always fun!