St Patrick Day Event

Moderators: Derf, Bergy, QueenBea

QueenBea

Re: St Patrick Day Event

Post by QueenBea » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:21 pm

LindasBusyKitchen wrote:These recipes all look so good! Makes me want to do the Jig :D Hey Bea.... Are you going to make some Green Beer too? :D :D :D

I'm not going to make the grren beer, but I am going to drink some, lol... :lol:

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:25 pm

Dissie wrote:Looks great Bea. I never knew all that went into making corned beef.
Thanks D,

It is pretty easy to make, and it tastes just as good if not better then the store-bought stuff...

The other one is on the menu for tomorrow. Will be making Derf's Corned Beef Dinner with it.

LindasBusyKitchen

Post by LindasBusyKitchen » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:52 pm

I had a St. Patrick's Day party a few years ago and we really enjoyed these as part of our buffet.

Colcannon:

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/colcan ... e-irish-ya

Corned Beef And Cabbage Crock Pot:

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/corned ... -crock-pot

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:16 pm

I love corned beef dinner Linds, so yummy...

Derf

Post by Derf » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:18 pm

QueenBea wrote:
Dissie wrote:Looks great Bea. I never knew all that went into making corned beef.
Thanks D,

It is pretty easy to make, and it tastes just as good if not better then the store-bought stuff...

The other one is on the menu for tomorrow. Will be making Derf's Corned Beef Dinner with it.

wow Bea, thanks for choosing my corned beef dinner :!: I'll be really interested to see how it turns out with your own corned beef or are ya using the venison :?:

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:25 pm

Derf wrote:
QueenBea wrote:
Thanks D,

wow Bea, thanks for choosing my corned beef dinner :!: I'll be really interested to see how it turns out with your own corned beef or are ya using the venison :?:

No I did'nt make it with the venison yet. I made two, both with beef. I will be putting your recipe together in the A.M. so it will be ready when I get home.

racrgal

Post by racrgal » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:43 am

QueenBea wrote:I like to make my own corned beef because the store-bought stuff is full of additives. I don't add the nitrates that make the corned beef pink as it is not necessary. I do however add red food coloring to the brine, but only if I will be serving it to guests, for a prettier presentation. I usually make a couple of these at a time, one for corned beef on rye sandwiches and the other for corned beef dinner.

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/homemade-corned-beef

This photo is without the food coloring.

Saved this recipe to give it a try. I'm trying to eat less and less preservatives and I LOVE corned beef. Don't tell my cardiologist but I do splurge and eat corned beef for St Patty's Day. 8-)

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:53 am

Linda I love Colcannon and your corned beef & Cabbage Mmmmmmm Can't get any more Irish thatn that.

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:28 pm

Just got back in from a family gathering where I brought the crock-pot full of Derf's Corned Beef Dinner for a late lunch early supper and it was enjoyed by all. I used the other homemade corned beef that I made this week to put this together and it turned out delicious!

Corned Beef Dinner - Crock Pot

Derf

Post by Derf » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:16 pm

wow Bea, I love it , you've made it look wonderful , love the size of those slices :lol: and the veggies look great too, mine sometimes look overcooked, beautifully done thanks so much :!: