VALENTINE'S DAY "SPECIAL MEALS" EVENT

Moderators: Derf, Bergy, QueenBea

Engrossed

Re: VALENTINE'S DAY "SPECIAL MEALS" EVENT

Post by Engrossed » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:31 pm

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/lindas ... e-brownies

These would be great to make for any men in your life...here's my review:

OUTSTANDING! Soooo freakin' DELICIOUS! This is a dream of a recipe for anyone who loves butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. They didn't quite taste like a snickerdoodle to me because I'm used to that cream of tartar flavor, but they were better so it doesn't matter! These are much easier to make too because you don't have to roll all those pesky balls LOL. I made these as directed with the optional pecans to bring to a baby girl baby shower for "sugar and spice and everything nice". I cut them into small cubes so it made a lot. They got passed around and everyone was mmmming in delight, and asking for the recipe. It seems like men especially loved it, so it would be great to make for Valentine's Day for a man. I almost didn't bring them because Hubby and I wanted them all to ourselves but that wouldn't be good for my diet LOL. These are going straight into the KEEPER file. Freddy Cat says thanks for the sweets!

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:42 pm

Awesome looking treats T. I'll have to add those to my to try list, yummy!!!

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:42 pm

Roxanne wrote:wow scrumptious photos and recipes everyone! Bea, thanks for trying my white cupcakes, glad they were enjoyed.
Derf, the colours on that last photo is stunning. Beautiful plate of food.

I'm bringing something sweet as usual. Today is Engrossed's Blancmange. I made both halves and tried to do a fancy layering technique. Needs work but the recipe needs no work, it delicious!

Blancmange

LOOKS YUMMY!!!!!

Roxanne

Post by Roxanne » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:56 am

Hey Dissie, yes it is a type of pudding it seems but it is really light to the usual puddings IMO and super delicious. I love that it uses basic pantry ingredients too.

Those snickerdoodle squares look great T!

Thanks Bea :D

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:05 am

If you don't have anything planned yet for V-Day, this is an easy dinner to prepare.

The Bloody Mary Steak recipe I just posted.
It is simply 1 cup Bloody Mary Mix, 1/8 cup vodka, 1 teaspoon oregano. Marinate 2-8 hours or even over night. Grill and enjoy. Serve with blue cheese dip/sauce.

Semi smash spuds and spinach, also just posted.
Red potatoes and a whole garlic clove boiled in a saute pan with a little chicken broth, add in baby spinach as much as you want. Lightly mash and add a touch of cream, season with s/p.

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:16 am

KC that sure looks like a great dinner. I took note ofthe marinade will watch for the recipe

Derf

Post by Derf » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:57 am

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:52 pm

Kim that looks yummy and a great idea for Valentine's Day dinner!!

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:53 pm

Hope you all have a great Valentine's Day dinner :)

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:49 am

Well I ended up cooking a lovely dinner for just myself and a friend. It was delicious. Bea that chicken recipe is the greatest. Timing everything is perfect . The gravy was excellent too. Everytning worked.
Lemon and Thyme roasted Chicken by Bea http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/lemon- ... st-chicken
Oven roasted Lemon asparagus with Parmesan cheese by me http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/oven-b ... -asparagus
Parsnip and Sweet Potatoes Roasted http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/parsni ... es-roasted
Chicken ready for the oven

Chicken Roasted Mmmm

Chicken carved

The sweet potatoes and parsnips

Close up of sweet potatoes & parsnipsImage

The asparagus

Dinner