JANUARY EASY MEALS EVENT

Moderators: Derf, Bergy, QueenBea

Kchurchill5

Re: JANUARY EASY MEALS EVENT

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:22 am

New Recipe
My Sarasota's Blackening Seasoning over mangrove snapper I caught last weekend.

The first night I made it into a dinner, with roasted potatoes and coleslaw.

2 days later I made the leftover piece and coleslaw into a sandwich. I little tarter on the bottom topped with tomato, the fish and slaw. A great lunch.

gkwillow

Post by gkwillow » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:25 am

Derf, those banana muffins look absolutely wonderful. What a great idea. I'll have to give it a try with the added baking powder. Isn't that recipe easy? I love recipes that eliminate having to cream butter & sugar!

gkwillow

Post by gkwillow » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:26 am

Kchurchill5 wrote:New Recipe
My Sarasota's Blackening Seasoning over mangrove snapper I caught last weekend.

The first night I made it into a dinner, with roasted potatoes and coleslaw.

2 days later I made the leftover piece and coleslaw into a sandwich. I little tarter on the bottom topped with tomato, the fish and slaw. A great lunch.
Looks so good! I'm afraid that the closest I ever come to fresh fish is catfish from the muddy Mississippi. :(

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:25 am

gkw, this is wonderful with catfish. And I love catfish. It is perfect with it. It is a tad spicy, but not hot. Blackening seasoning became popular with the more well known redfish, not known as the mildest best fish without all that seasoning. Hench the reason for blackening it. It is absolutely great with catfish. I do that very often, even for catering.

Just a different way to enjoy fish which I try to have often. Nov, Dec and Jan is always hard as you have lots of holiday meals and then leftovers, but I always have some in my freezer. These were ones I caught last weekend, so they were extra good.

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:18 am

I love popping in here daily and looking at all the new photos. Keep them coming, I keep adding to my to try list, lol.....

Derf

Post by Derf » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:30 am

gkwillow wrote:Derf, those banana muffins look absolutely wonderful. What a great idea. I'll have to give it a try with the added baking powder. Isn't that recipe easy? I love recipes that eliminate having to cream butter & sugar!
Those have to be the easiest muffins i have ever made :D and you don't loose the banana flavour by adding other stuff :D no muss no fuss with no butter or shortening, loved using light canola oil. :!:

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:33 pm

Bragg Fish Filets
http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/bragg-fish-filets

This is a new spice mixture that I have discovered and is it ever good - A mixture of 24 herbs and spices. I used red snapper MMm good served with Broccolini (I like broccoli better)

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:43 pm

Made this for a tag game and it made for a wonderful breakfast/brunch. Hubby said it reminded him of a pastry. I ate mine with pancake syrup and he said it was perfect without anything else.
Crocus' Apple Pancake Puff

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:46 pm

This was last nights dinner and I will admit, its one of my favorite casseroles. Not sure if its because its so simple or because its so yummy! :lol:
Tuna Noodle Casserole

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:34 pm