YAHOO!! HOLIDAY SEASON HAS ARRIVED - FUN FUN FUN

Moderators: Derf, Bergy, QueenBea

Bergy

Re: YAHOO!! HOLIDAY SEASON HAS ARRIVED - FUN FUN FUN

Post by Bergy » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:25 am

Cristmas Eve Danish/Swedish Style - Many of you would say Ugh at our selection of food for Chrismas Eve but when you grow up with it you love it and look forward to it - We start off with pickled wine cured herring, Roll mops, achovies and hard boiled eggs with hardtack, then progress to a series of cold cuts like headcheese, liver pate, salami and others accompanied with Danish pickles. This year I made a wonderful salad of Apples and broccoli by Kizzie (great) Ending the dinner with Grapes and asssorted cheeses. So here are a few photo
Our table

Another table shot

Apple and Broccoli salad

Danish pickles

Roll Mops

Anchovies

Cheese course

racrgal

Post by racrgal » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:27 am

Everything looks sooooooooooo yummy! My company arrived early so I didn't get pictures until there had been a few nibbles.
Cold appys
Hot and Cold appys
I had planned to make a hot caramelized onion dip but switched to a cold one instead.

racrgal

Post by racrgal » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:29 am

Bergy wrote:Cristmas Eve Danish/Swedish Style - Many of you would say Ugh at our selection of food for Chrismas Eve but when you grow up with it you love it and look forward to it - We start off with pickled wine cured herring, Roll mops, achovies and hard boiled eggs with hardtack, then progress to a series of cold cuts like headcheese, liver pate, salami and others accompanied with Danish pickles. This year I made a wonderful salad of Apples and broccoli by Kizzie (great) Ending the dinner with Grapes and asssorted cheeses. So here are a few photo
Our table

Another table shot

Apple and Broccoli salad

Danish pickles

Cheese course
Bergy, I'd happily eat all those goodies. Your table is beautiful!!!

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:29 am

racrgal I wish I was at your house - It all looks so good!

racrgal

Post by racrgal » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:32 am

The sunlight was NOT co operative with my photo efforts.

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:36 am

Christmas Day dinner wasMaple Orange Glazed Citrus Cornish Hen by KC
http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/maple- ... rnish-hens
Glazed Baby Carrots by Kittencal
http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/delici ... by-carrots
Garlic and Parsley potatoes by me
Peas.
All the photoes are terrible because of the light but you'll get the idea You can tell how off the colors are by the tablecloth it is forest green!

racrgal

Post by racrgal » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:40 am

Bergy wrote:racrgal I wish I was at your house - It all looks so good!
Come on over. There is PLENTY left. ;)

racrgal

Post by racrgal » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:42 am

Bergy, that is an awesome looking meal. I would have loved it. I made stuffed shells for my vegetarian step daughter and lasagna for everyone else. I totally spaced on taking pictures and the shells were pretty! :(

Roxanne

Post by Roxanne » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:46 am

Oh wow everyone! All your photos are beauties!

Ahmafor, love those photos, that apple and pear salad is calling my name.

Bergy, love the way you set up your table and the series of photos. I want to have a taste of your cheese course :oops: . Christmas Day dinner looks delish even in that light ;). I love the plated photos.

racrgal wow! your table is stunning! I love the appie photos too! But can't get over that gorgeous table. You sure have an eye for decorating.

I feel so silly here cause I forgot to take photos of our Christmas lunch. It's just me and my dad so I don't dress up the table and such but would have been great if I got a photo of the plated food. I did take photos while we were BBQing the chicken so I'll see which ones came out good and share some of them later on. Since we BBQ'ed a whole chicken with intentions of eating leftover breast as sandwiches I am making some bread using one of Bea's recipes. It's currently on it's first rise.

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:16 pm

We always have the same Christmas Breakfast - Fruit salad, scrambled eggs, Lox, bagels with cream cheese, chopped onion and capers coffee of course with a tot of cognac. Then we sit around the table and make long distance calls to friends far and away.

Christmas breakfast