Romantic Chicken Dinner - help planning menu

HeatherFeather

Re: Romantic Chicken Dinner - help planning menu

Post by HeatherFeather » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:08 am

Dissie wrote:These are pretty special cupcakes! They are just delicious, ever since my daughter made them for a potluck at work, she can't bring any other kind, because so many beg her to bring "THAT CUPCAKE". Really good!
http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/biscoff-cupcakes-8080
Oh he liked that idea! Thanks very much - saved.

Making the chicken dinner tonight even though his birthday is on Friday, so that we can still have our Friday Night Pizza Night as well.

Looks like the dessert fiend will be getting multiple desserts - he read my post and when he realized how frustrated I was, said he'd be happy to have the orange cake w/choco buttercream for his birthday. Of course, this was after I had already decided to pick up an ice cream cake from Carvel instead. :?

Now both of us want to try the cupcakes Dis linked :D , so I will be serving the ice cream cake, but will also bake the cake and cupcakes (and likely freeze some), plus am saving the other cake kc linked previously to make as well later on. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We won't be having these all at once, of course - but over the next month.

Dissie

Re: Romantic Chicken Dinner - help planning menu

Post by Dissie » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:25 am

HeatherFeather wrote:
Dissie wrote:These are pretty special cupcakes! They are just delicious, ever since my daughter made them for a potluck at work, she can't bring any other kind, because so many beg her to bring "THAT CUPCAKE". Really good!
http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/biscoff-cupcakes-8080
Oh he liked that idea! Thanks very much - saved.

Making the chicken dinner tonight even though his birthday is on Friday, so that we can still have our Friday Night Pizza Night as well.

Looks like the dessert fiend will be getting multiple desserts - he read my post and when he realized how frustrated I was, said he'd be happy to have the orange cake w/choco buttercream for his birthday. Of course, this was after I had already decided to pick up an ice cream cake from Carvel instead. :?

Now both of us want to try the cupcakes Dis linked :D , so I will be serving the ice cream cake, but will also bake the cake and cupcakes (and likely freeze some), plus am saving the other cake kc linked previously to make as well later on. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We won't be having these all at once, of course - but over the next month.
Aww glad he liked the idea of the biscoff cupcakes, you won't be disappointed.

Also made me smile how he read your frustration and said the orange cake was fine! What a great guy, what a sweety!