Menu Monday August 27

HeatherFeather

Menu Monday August 27

Post by HeatherFeather » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:57 am

First my recap from last week's menus:
I got more than half of what I had planned to make last week actually cooked & eaten - not bad. I didn't get a couple of new recipes tested out because of too many leftovers and also the arrival of TS Isaac.

This week, my plan is to use up storm supplies that I bought (thinking I might not have power for a few days, things like extra deli meats etc). I am also still trying to finish using up everything old in my freezer so that I can get back to prepping & freezing meals and not just ingredients in there.

Meal #1: Chicken Breasts Diane w/buttered noodles, salad (a vintage recipe I want to test out, didn't get made last week)
Meal #2: Steak Bites w/mashed cauliflower - I still have a bunch of steak tenderloin tips in my freezer that need to get used up, made some last week too, always a hit with my DD. I also will marinate a chicken breast for my bf, who doesn't care for steak tips.
Meal# 3: Pizza or Grill Night - nothing fancy, just frozen pizza or burgers or something
Meal #4: Leftovers Night (most likely deli sandwiches)
Meal #5: undecided (bf gets to choose, most likely a chicken meal)
Meal #6: undecided (dd gets to choose, most likely Asian)
Meal #7: Breakfast for Dinner or I might choose a new recipe, undecided

Salads: egg salad, tuna salad, chickpea salad - all for school lunches
Bread: banana bread, honey wheat rolls, hearth bread
Dessert: the orange cookies I keep planning and never make - my poor family (.. but they do keep asking for other desserts that I have made them)

I will come back to update this once I figure out more of the variables.