Menu Planning for the Week of Aug 11th through Aug 17th

Kchurchill5

Menu Planning for the Week of Aug 11th through Aug 17th

Post by Kchurchill5 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:00 pm

Busy and adventurous week coming up. So I thought I would get a head start.

A new client for 8 weeks during their training for a new spa out in CA. A friend owns the company and also owns a home here, so they are doing the training here. I am working with a fellow caterer and will be using her kitchen. We are serving lunch for 45 M-F, for 8 weeks. Pre-packaged lunches dropped off every day by 10am. I will be doing the cooking, and my friend will be picking up the food, supplies, and doing the delivery. Only bad part, I have to start cooking at 3 or 4 am every morning. Some mornings will be earlier or later than others.
Also, Lady #1 and #2 are on the 2nd week of their cruise, so another week off.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAT ...
Every now and then I like to go out alone and try a new place. Tonight is a small Bistro. And, since I have an appetizer coupon 2/1 before 6, this is a perfect way to try this place. I find it's a great way to relax at the bar, enjoy a couple of cocktails, and watch what is going on. And, I always have leftovers for lunch the next day, lol.
----------
SUN ...
Salmon patties w/a lemon dill sauce (recipe TBD); coleslaw; corn on the cob
----------
MON ...
Lunch:
Pepper crusted roast turkey croissants, with apples, brie, caramelized onion and a raspberry chutney; Chilled barley salad with cranberries, vegetables, and pecans
Me: Pasta carbonara (bacon, egg, cream, parm); salad with a Italian vinaigrette
----------
TUES ...
Lunch:
Pizza Salad - a mix of Italian ham, pepperoni, and soprasotta, fresh mozzarella, baby greens; Roasted tomatoes artichoke and mushroom salad with a spicy red pepper vinaigrette. Served with a side of pecorino romano roasted garlic baked pita wedges; and peaches poached in Prosecco and grilled
Me: Marinated skirt steak w/my spicy steak sauce; onion rings; grilled tomatoes w/cheese; corn on the cob again (it is soooo good right now)
----------
WED ...
Lunch:
Spinach mushroom ricotta frittata with a fresh mixed berry fruit salad
Me: Soup ... Using 3 of the grilled stuffed peppers (freezer), w/leftover skirt steak or my chicken stash in the freezer; with potatoes, broth, and some seasoning; Fresh baked bread
----------
THURS...
Lunch:
Gazpacho; mini tacos with a chilled 3 bean rice filling, and garnishes of a garden salsa, lime creme fraische, and guacamole
Lady #3: Crab stuffed flounder; rice pilaf; tomato bisque; and something for dessert
Me: Cannelloni; anchovy bread; basic Italian salad
----------
FRI ...
Lunch:
Chilled poached chicken breasts, served w/a warm sweet white wine fontina cheese sauce; and a apple and grape salad
Me: Soup from Wed and a grilled cheese sandwich
----------------------------------------------------------------
As I said, busy; but it is work.
Breakfast, my normal cottage cheese, yogurt or fruit
Lunch, I will 'nibbling' on my salmon this week
And always cleaning out my fridge, freezer and pantry!

HeatherFeather

Re: Menu Planning for the Week of Aug 11th through Aug 17th

Post by HeatherFeather » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:00 am

I might try some of your salad ideas this week, kc.

Still trying to eat up everything in my freezer, so the plans are:

Meal #1: pasta with meat sauce, salad, garlic bread
Meal #2: steak w/balsamic glaze, chicken for bf, with broccoli and salad
Meal #3: steak tips with mashed cauliflower, carrots
Meal #4: pizza
Meal #5: Asian Dumplings night
Meal#6: leftovers or sandwiches + soup
Meal #7: eat out or breakfast for dinner (quiche)

Bread: glazed honey wheat rolls (from taste of home)
Dessert: Boyfriend Cookies (these have a bunch of different chocolate candies in them), possibly also a cake or pie

I am getting so bored eating so many of the same things so often, but I really need to get everything in that freezer used up. A few things are carry over items that didn't get made last week.

Kchurchill5

Re: Menu Planning for the Week of Aug 11th through Aug 17th

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:23 pm

I posted the thread for the salads too for each week. Some are unique, but mostly ideas for lunches which I thought may inspire someone; I do have all the links or how I made them. Sometimes it is just fun to see some new ideas or things we forget about.