Menu Planning for the Week of Aug 4th through Aug 10th

Kchurchill5

Menu Planning for the Week of Aug 4th through Aug 10th

Post by Kchurchill5 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:35 am

Well, this past week got mixed up a bit with my work schedule, but I had a feeling it might. Next week both my Ladies are on vacation - a cruise; and Lady #3 is on a restricted died after a procedure - so I'm FREE. However, I have a new client starting Monday the 13th - lunches every day for 35. I am working with a friend who has an approved catering kitchen, and we will be working together and sharing time; but that will be very busy. It is a 6-7 week gig. So this coming week, I will be preparing and figuring out menus.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
SAT ...
Me: A version of Cabbage Rolls; mashed cauliflower with feta cheese; cucumber and onion salad
----------
SUN ...
Grilled 'Veggie' stuffed peppers (new recipe), stuffed with corn, feta, olives, tomatoes, cheese, etc; whole wheat rolls and some kind of salad
----------
MON ...
Lady #1 and #2: Vacation All Week
Me: Leftovers - Cabbage rolls and whatever
----------
TUES ...
Me: Tilapia w/romesco sauce (new recipe for the sauce); leftover 'veggie' pepper
----------
WED ...
Me: Grilled Italian chicken; scalloped potatoes; green beans or corn on the cob
----------
THURS ...
Cannelloni; anchovy bread; basic Italian salad
----------
FRI ...
Me and Friends: Dinner at my friends ranch - dining at the lake. We put up one of those BUG FREE tents, make a fire pit and cook dinner. Taking my leftover chicken and making some kind of BBQ chicken wraps; fried onion rings; fried mushrooms and onions to start with the outback dipping sauce; spud salad I think. Dessert ... someone else is in charge, LOL. Plenty of beer

HeatherFeather

Re: Menu Planning for the Week of Aug 4th through Aug 10th

Post by HeatherFeather » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:50 am

I like the sound of the stuffed peppers. I wonder where all the other menu planners have been lately?

I finally went through my freezer and and still figuring out which recipes to use, but here is the plan so far:

Meal #1: beef tenderloin tips, with cauliflower, salad
Meal #2: mystery meat (I found some chicken or pork, not sure which, in the freezer - need to figure out what to do with it), probably with some carrots, salad
Meal #3: beef tacos or beef & bean burritos, guacamole, possibly some rice
Meal #4: some sort of pasta bake
Meal #5: leftovers or sandwiches/soup or Dim Sum night (using up frozen potstickers & steamed Asian buns in the freezer)
Meal #6: eat out or more leftovers or breakfast for dinner (pancakes)
Meal #7: pizza night

Also planning to make some dip and have cut veggies available all week, for snacking. I am still trying to perfect a brown bread recipe in the bread machine - we like the taste, but the recipe I tried so far has blown up too high in the machine (huge mess). Also planning to make cookies - still haven't made the orange cookies I planned for the past couple of weeks. Might make a retro jello salad thing too - been digging through my old recipe card boxes from family etc and want to try something.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:47 pm

I think people are not posting in the forums because of, as last we heard - the forums shut down. Except the photos and I think Zazz chat. But then I think remembering that there may be two forums open come the new upgrade - chat and photo and then may some others within that. I'm not sure anymore
I also think vacations before school starts and enjoying the last of summer maybe it.
Just don't know. I always have a menu made, because with the ladies I cook for, I have to.

Your menu sounds like a good plan ... isn't it fun when you find mystery meat. I have one package to use up, and it's the same, but I think mine is mixed with some kind of sauce too. I usually remember to mark them - I forgot.

I love having dips in the house. My son always loved the yogurt dip. Yogurt, honey, vanilla, some tmes orange zest, etc. He loved that with apple slices, bananas, grapes.
Hummus is one of my favorite, roasted red pepper; my ex used to love a green goddess dip with veggies.

I always used to make up a deviled ham dip too. Really finely chopped ham, I made it in the food process. I used to take it to work often with crackers for lunch. I made it with yogurt vs mayo. Sometimes I would add some hard boiled eggs too it too.

I actually love jello. I have an old cookbook for jello. The 3 striped jello, ones with nuts, gingerale, sour cream. All kinds of old school jello dishes. I thought they made a great side dish or desserts.

I had a choice of a few things today; but opted on the easy one. Breakfast, omelet and potatoes, something easy.

invictus

Post by invictus » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:39 pm

I've been on vacation! :D but I'm back now :( LOL!

Saturday: peppered grilled pork tenderloin sandwiches and broiled green beans
Sunday: BBQ pizza with homemade dough
Monday: chicken ceasar salad
Tuesday: bacon burgers with basil buttered corn on the cob
Wednesday: grilled veggie penne pasta bake
Thursday: grilled cumin flank steak and some kind of veggie
Friday: leftovers or free for all

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:39 am

invictus wrote:I've been on vacation! :D but I'm back now :( LOL!

Saturday: peppered grilled pork tenderloin sandwiches and broiled green beans
Sunday: BBQ pizza with homemade dough
Monday: chicken ceasar salad
Tuesday: bacon burgers with basil buttered corn on the cob
Wednesday: grilled veggie penne pasta bake
Thursday: grilled cumin flank steak and some kind of veggie
Friday: leftovers or free for all
Welcome back! I hope you had a nice trip :)

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:53 am

Welcome back Inv. I hope you had a fantastic vacation!

invictus

Post by invictus » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:24 pm

Thanks, we did! I needed one very very badly and I feel refreshed and relaxed for the first time in months......maybe since Thanksgiving. That is so not like me, I usually am so easy going. It feels good to be back to my old self.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:47 pm

Good for you. Sometimes just getting away really helps rejuvenate you.
Helps one just refocus on everything, which is a good thing. If you are stressed and unhappy, tired,etc ... you are no good to anyone else. You need to destress just like everyone else.