Menu Planning for the Week of July 28st through August 3rd

Kchurchill5

Menu Planning for the Week of July 28st through August 3rd

Post by Kchurchill5 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:30 am

A real aggravating week. Just lots of finance 'stuff' to deal with; and I felt like I kept spinning my wheels. I am continuing to use my freezer items this week; but, I am also on call for work. I am finalizing my menu for my new clients this week. Next week, I will be being serving them lunch every day (M-F) for 8 weeks; so, the easier for me this week- the better.
----------------------------------------------------------------
SAT ...
Poached salmon; broccoli rice; roasted carrots
----------
SUN ...
Beef patty with a mushroom and onion gravy; gnocchi; and peas
----------
MON ...
Ladies #1 and #2: Beef patties with a mushroom onion gravy; gnocchi; and peas. Blackberry tarts for dessert
Me: Meatless Monday - Grilled stuffed Mediterranean peppers; grilled bread; and fruit
----------
TUES ...
WORK - Leftovers
----------
WED...
Lady #1, #2 and Me: Stuffed cabbage rolls; steamed cauliflower with cheese; and homemade rolls
----------
THURS ...
Lady #3: Same as our Wed meal; dessert will be apple spice cake
Me: WORK - Leftovers again. Maybe the beef patty as an open face sandwich, or some of the stuffed peppers or cabbage rolls; fruit
----------
FRI ...
Ladies #1 and #2: Card/Game Night - Mexican Night, they are thinking a Taco bar with fish and chicken tacos; with sides, TBD
Me: Out for Happy Hour, or friends over for dinner
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to go through your pantry, freezer and fridge
Breakfast, fruit, yogurt or cottage cheese
Lunch ... soup or leftovers if anything

HeatherFeather

Re: Menu Planning for the Week of July 28st through August 3

Post by HeatherFeather » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:59 am

I still haven't made the time to go through my freezer thoroughly, so my menus have been all out of whack. Hopefully this week I will get back on track. So far I know I want to make the following:

Meal #1: Chicken & Apple Sausages with German Red Cabbage, also some red skinned boiled potatoes possibly on the side

Meal #2: The "Man Pleasing Chicken" recipe I still haven't gotten around to making, hopefully with carrots and some salad on the side

Meal #3: Pizza - still testing out various pizza recipes to find one we all love

Meal #4: leftovers

Meal #5: eat out or more leftovers

Meal #6: "something that doesn't taste bad" (my bf's tongue in cheek response when I asked him if he had any requests this week) - i.e. something with chicken that is NOT a new recipe (had a few duds lately) :D

Meal #7: possibly a roast chicken, since they are on sale this week, with corn and mashed potatoes for them, salad for me

Going to try to make a couple of sturdy salads for lunches this week, using up some tuna and other staples lying around in the pantry.

Dessert: Grand Marnier cookies (didn't get them made last week), French Silk Pie