Menu Planning for the Week of July 21st through July 27th

Kchurchill5

Menu Planning for the Week of July 21st through July 27th

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:03 pm

Another crazy week. Lots of late night/midnights and a schedule which I won't really know until that day. So, I decided to continue to dig through my freezer and pantry for 1 more week. I really need to use up some more stuff before buying more.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAT ...
Tacos (w/freezer meat, tortilla, and cheese stash); salsa, sour cream, olives, etc; fruit or maybe some black beans jazzed up with salsa, onions, green chilies - easy
----------
SUN ...
Bread Day: White ABM
Dinner: Grilled Tilapia (I think a basic seafood seasoning and lemon); tomato, spinach, mozzarella salad; grilled potatoes in a foil pouch
----------
MON ...
Lady #1 and #2: Fish pouches using tilapia, baby shrimp and bay scallops; white rice with scallions and roasted lemon; sauteed zucchini and summer squash
Me: Shrimp salad served in lettuce cups; fresh fruit; homemade wheat rolls
----------
TUES ...
Spinach and potato casserole; Greek grilled chicken (brined breasts; stuffed with a Greek butter) then slow grilled/smoked with hickory chips; corn on the cob
----------
WED ...
Lady #1: Grilled garlickly pork tenderloin; roasted roemary potatoes; and Italian vegetables
Lady #2: Spinach and potato casserole and Greek chicken from my Tues post
Me: Leftovers
----------
THURS ...
Lady #3: Roast lemon Greek chicken (mix of recipes); cauliflower mash with gruyere; sauteed broccoli; lemon tart
Me: Grilled salmon; rice pilaf; grilled squash
----------
FRI ...
Lady #1 and #2: Card/Game Night
Me: Out, HH with friends

HeatherFeather

Re: Menu Planning for the Week of July 21st through July 27t

Post by HeatherFeather » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:02 am

Fish pouches sounds like a good idea! I have been meaning to make chicken pouches and keep forgetting to - might try a pouch thing this week.

I have to go through my freezer and see what I need to use up this week. Money is very tight this week and I really want to avoid buying meat unless I really have to. Haven't consulted with the family yet to get any ideas out of them, so I'll be back later to post my menu.

All I know so far is that I plan to make a hamburger vegetable soup to use up some try ingredients - that will most likely be available as a lunch item. I also plan to make Orange Butter Cookies that have some Grand Marnier in the icing.

Seems like a lot of my baked goods are calling for liqueurs recently (Beer bread, then Whisky cake, then Limoncello Cake last week, now these cookies). Trying to use up some stuff lying around that I won't ever drink, but am happy to cook with :)