Menu Planning for the Week of July 7th through July 13th

Kchurchill5

Menu Planning for the Week of July 7th through July 13th

Post by Kchurchill5 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:51 pm

I hope everyone had a fantastic Holiday week; whether it be Canada, US or anywhere else. I know many have posted some great photos from their Holiday get-togethers.

I had a fantastic time, and ate way too many calories. This week, is back to normal - quite a bit of work, and lots to do. Also some work in the house and taking care of a friends animals as he is on vacation. So it will be busy.
--------------------------------------------------------
SAT ...
Cheese ravioli w/a mushroom white wine broth/sauce, fresh basil and rosemary; caprese salad (my last 2 tomatoes)
----------
SUN ...
Bread Day: White oven / Soup: Still some in the freezer
Me: I didn't find a recipe on here; but I think a basic eggplant parmesan, but I may bake the breaded eggplant vs fried; sauteed creamy corn; Mixed greens w/a caesar dressing
----------
MON ...
Lady #1 and #2: Mushroom and kale lasagna (recipe tbd); tomato and mozzarella salad; garlic anchovy bread
Me: Warm Sweet Potato Spinach Salad with Fried Eggs; fruit; whole wheat roll made last week
----------
TUES ...
Gnocchi w/Asparagus and a Creamy Pesto Sauce, topped with grilled chicken; tomato and olive salad (no recipe)
----------
WED ...
Lady #1: Eggplant parmesan; green beans; Italian salad; garlic bread
Lady #2: Burgers; 5 bean salad; potato salad; deviled eggs to start
Me: At work, but taking (freezer stash) chicken; making a cold Asian peanut salad for me and my co-worker; romaine salad with an Asian vinaigrette
----------
THURS ...
Lady #3: Gnocchi w/asparagus and a creamy pesto sauce, topped with grilled chicken; fruit; Carrot Cake Cookies
Me: Cannelloni; salad; anchovy bread
----------
FRI ...
Lady #1 and #2: Card/Game Night TBD
They mentioned PoBoys, we will see
Me: G/F over to finalize wedding plans. Ricotta Egg Bake; homemade sausage patties; fresh fruit
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Breakfast: Fruit, cottage cheese, yogurt
Lunch: Leftovers or soup if any
And ... don't forget to clean out your pantry, fridge and freezer!

HeatherFeather

Re: Menu Planning for the Week of July 7th through July 13th

Post by HeatherFeather » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:48 am

Oh how is it time to plan menus again already?

Hmm...I am all out of whack lately. My schedule is crazy now that I have dd here all the time as well as my bf. I can't seem to get into any sort of normal routine yet. I am trying to get my menus planned out, but they keep wanting to eat different things that get thrown at me mid-week. So we'll see how well I can stick to this plan...

Meal #1: Chicken Alfredo, with homemade garlic bread (bread machine Italian bread) and a side salad (using low carb pasta)
Meal #2: Miso Chicken Stir fry with steamed rice (brown rice for me) - have some chicken chunks already frozen in miso marinade in my freezer, this will just be a thrown together dish, no recipe
Meal #3: Grilled meal - steak, burger, chicken - whatever they want, plus corn (for them) & sweet potato fries (for me)
Meal #4: soup/sandwiches night - either ramen or canned or homemade, depending on what I am up to
Meal #5: Fish night (plus a piece of chicken for my bf) - I have some already prepared in my freezer, with peas or broccoli, maybe some potatoes too (for them)

plus
1 night leftovers
1 night eat out or pizza

Salad: not sure what I will make this week yet, something that can sit in the fridge and be eaten throughout the week, I'll let dd decide which kind most likely
Dessert: Chocolate Whisky Cake with Chocolate Ganache (bf requested), same recipe I have used before, only this time adding the ganache