Menu Planning for the Week of June 16th through June 22nd

Kchurchill5

Menu Planning for the Week of June 16th through June 22nd

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:36 am

Hola Everyone!!

Another week. Last week wasn't that bad, got most everything done/or cooked. But, this week I'm trying not to buy much of anything except, veggies (which I don't need many), milk and eggs.
---------------------------------------------
SAT ...
Either grilled tomato, bacon and fresh mozz sammy; or BLT, one or the other; OreIda onion rings; watermelon
----------
SUN ...
Soup Day: From the garden Tomato and red pepper bisque / Bread Day: ABM white
Dinner: Something with pasta... bacon, cream, and mushrooms (something like Pasta Carbonara); grilled caesar salad
----------
MON ...
Ladies #1 and #2: Pasta Carbonara or something similar; caesar salad; crusty anchovy bread
Me: Salmon on the grill w/creamy dill sauce; grilled potatoes; tomato and cucumber salad w/rice wine vinaigrette
----------
TUES ...
Soup (tomato and red pepper bisque from Sunday); salad with smoked chicken and fresh mozarella
----------
WED ...
Lady #1: Grilled steak (a basic steak seasoning); baked potato, sour cream; and a spinach salad w/warm bacon dressing
Lady #2: Same as above, but creamed spinach; and, also wanted steamed shrimp to start for she and a friend
Me: Caribbean pork tenderloin; orange jasmine rice; pan sauteed green beans
----------
THURS ...
Lady #3: Three cheese ravioli with a mushroom, spinach, rosemary, and white wine sauce; roasted grape tomatoes; grilled pound cake with fresh mixed berries
Me: Work, so probably leftover pork and rice, not sure
----------
FRI ...
Ladies #1 and #2: Game/Card Night, TBD. Beef brisket is the early favorite
OUT or gf for dinner. If so clam and fish chowder with a artichoke olive bruschetta

HeatherFeather

Re: Menu Planning for the Week of June 16th through June 22n

Post by HeatherFeather » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:22 pm

Caribbean pork tenderloin sounds good, kc.

Still trying to figure out what to make this week. I haven't been very good about planning menus now that my bf is here. I keep finding myself wondering what we are eating around 5 pm - not good. All I know is that my menu will consist of lots of chicken (assuming I can get a good price on it this week).

Bread: still planning to make some wheat bread and the Maritime bread I had wanted to make 2 weeks ago.

Dessert: fruit salad, peanut butter stuffed brownies, some kind of cake (whichever type bf chooses)

Meal #1: chicken (maybe chicken parmesan)
Meal #2: possibly meatballs & sauce with pasta (low carb pasta)
Meal #3 another chicken meal (maybe a roast whole chicken)
2 nights of leftovers
1 night pizza or freezer or sandwiches
1 night eat out

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:09 pm

Yeah, the carribbean is good with lots of citrus, garlic and marinated. The recipe calls for a loin, but I have 1/2 of one in the freezer, so that will have to work.

I'm really trying to use up stuff this week and probably next too. I think picking up the weekly veggies, soda, cat foot and maybe some meatloaf mix and chicken is really all I need. I'm trying to really be cost effective the next couple of weeks as I have a 5,000.00 dentist appt coming up. That is with insurance. Really

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:23 pm

Ok menu has already changed a bit. Decided to let dd choose a meal, bf choose a meal and dessert, and one night I get to choose, then still the one night for eating out, 2 leftovers nights, and one freezer night or pizza/sandwiches etc night

So....

Meal #1: Chinese Food take-out
Meal #2: Steak Bites (PW recipe, I make this a lot as it is one of dd's faves), with broccoli
Meal #3: Chicken Parmesan (bf requested)
Meal #4: leftovers
Meal #5: leftovers
Meal #6: pizza or sandwiches night, maybe grilled burgers
Meal #7: still haven't made my choice yet - possibly Alice Springs Chicken or a roast chicken

Oh dessert - requests have been for some individual frozen smores I pinned on Pinterest or banana pudding

Last week I made a yummy brownie pie that went over pretty well.