Greek Fish Pouches

A unique and special online gallery where you can post your food photos as well as view other member's food photos, come and chat with our hosts for photo tips and advice

Moderators: Bergy, Derf, QueenBea

Kchurchill5

Greek Fish Pouches

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:57 am

Delicious and easy.
White fish, mushrooms, olives, tomato, spinach, better, and white wine. Season and wrap up and grill or bake.

I like to serve it in a bowl over couscous with pine nuts and garlic, and a roll to soak up all the great sauce. It comes out more like a stew as all the pieces start to just fall apart. It is one of my favorite dishes.

Derf

Re: Greek Fish Pouches

Post by Derf » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:59 pm

Interesting way to cook it, so many different flavours there, bet it's really tasty :!:

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:30 pm

I cook pouches like this all the time. The lemon was just squeezed on after I opened them. The broth is just decadent and it is just a little butter and wine, the spinach and tomatoes and onions make all the sauce and flavor. I make this for catering dinner or friends dinners all the time and it is one of my most requested dinners. And so easy. No pots and pans.

Derf

Post by Derf » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:38 pm

Kchurchill5 wrote:I cook pouches like this all the time. The lemon was just squeezed on after I opened them. The broth is just decadent and it is just a little butter and wine, the spinach and tomatoes and onions make all the sauce and flavor. I make this for catering dinner or friends dinners all the time and it is one of my most requested dinners. And so easy. No pots and pans.

well i thing you have convinced me, i was gonna make a stir fry tonight but i think i will try your method of cooking, sounds and looks soooo tasty , we'll see :lol:

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:50 pm

vVery interesting combinationd of foods and flavors - I love the second photo and the pouch photoo the most

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:24 pm

Derf, my method is:

Handful of baby spinach (I have also used frozen, but fresh is best), then the olives, mushrooms and onion slices and some salt and pepper. Top with the fish, season with Italian seasoning. Top with 3 tomato slices and season again with salt and pepper. Add 1/4 cup white wine and 1 teaspoon butter. Wrap up and cook oven or grill.

Squeeze lemon over after you open the pouch. Serve over couscous (I added parsley and scallions to mine; it was a boxed pine nut garlic Near East Couscous). Serve in a bowl to get all the good juice / sauce. Crusty bread or roll to sop up the sauce.

It is really forgiving, add your favorite veggies, Recipe is posted here.

Enjoy!! Let me know how it goes. I'm off to my Halloween party.

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:38 pm

Looks so juicy, yummy...

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:43 pm

Beatrice wrote:Looks so juicy, yummy...
The broth is almost the best part