Spicy Shrimp & Linguine

A unique and special online gallery where you can post your food photos as well as view other member's food photos, come and chat with our hosts for photo tips and advice

Moderators: Derf, Bergy, QueenBea

Bergy

Spicy Shrimp & Linguine

Post by Bergy » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:46 am

Flavour loaded recipe that we loved. Not too spicy but peppy. I served the shrimp over Farm House noodles. Will be having this again

TeaBo's Spicy Shrimp & Linguine

QueenBea

Re: Spicy Shrimp & Linguine

Post by QueenBea » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:26 pm

Oooooo, my kind of meal 🤪

Chef shapeweaver

Post by Chef shapeweaver » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:04 pm

My SO would really like something like that. :D

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:13 pm

Thanks Bea & Shapes - All I can say is try it it's Mmmmmm

ImPat

Post by ImPat » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:15 am

I now have drool all over my keyboard and wishing I had some prawns to make that now but will have to wait for a week or two for when the DH is on night shift. He can only eat seafood about 1 or 2 times a month as like his dad he is becoming intolerant to having to much were his dad is now severely allergic to it and the doctor has warned him next time it could kill him. Bummer because he loved his scallops, prawns and mussels, fish, crabs, oysters, squid and crayfish/lobster and living in a seaside country town it is in abundance and plenty of ocean and river system to fish plus areas were you can catch mud crabs and regular crabs. When we were over there a few years ago for the mil and fil's 60th wedding anniversary and I was eating some sort of seafood at least twice a day if not three,

Pat

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:48 am

Thanks Pat - I would hate to have a seafood/fish allergy. Like you I love it all. I remember one sea food I had in Australia that we never see over here. It was in a wonderful Grreek restaurant outside of Currumbin. On the menu they were called "Greek Bugs" - I can't think of their real name but they are fished in the river banks and are like a fat prawn (don't look like them) they are deep fried and so delicious. I had them many many times as it was a favorite place to go on all my visits. On special nights they used older crockery and we could dance and smash the plates etc. On my birthday we started to dance & smash but the owner came over and told us it wasn't a dance & smash night but since it was my birthday he presented us with a bottle of champgne. Great Aussie memory!

ImPat

Post by ImPat » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:40 pm

Sounds like you certainly had a wonderful time - I think you are talking about Moreton Bay Bugs or Balmain Bugs which are very similar, not sure which one this is but it is definably one of them -

Pat

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:11 pm

That's it Pat