Medical Marajuna in Cooking

Got a cooking question, tip or trick you would like to share? post here!
Forum rules
Attention! No posting of copyrighted recipes please. TY!
Sue

Re: Medical Marajuna in Cooking

Post by Sue » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:52 am

Dissie wrote:All the states are seeing how much money CO is making off of taxing it, so I am sure most other states aren't far behind.
True.
Isn't it awful that American politics revolve around money and not the good something can do for the people?

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:46 pm

I started this topic to help those who use this substance in cooking find ideas on how to use it; it is not intended as a political forum ! Thanks

Sue

Post by Sue » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:24 pm

Shadows1 wrote:I started this topic to help those who use this substance in cooking find ideas on how to use it; it is not intended as a political forum ! Thanks
Thanks for the info, Shadows.

Deepster

Post by Deepster » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:20 pm

I'm sure that anyone interested in making brownies could just Google "Alice B. Toklas Brownies" for the original recipe. I never cared much for "weed", but Alice's recipe was the original, and I have tried them. They were fine with no strange taste at all.

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:20 am

I don't think anyone was trying to make this political, but anyways, deepster you have peaked my interest. Now I am going to google her brownie recipe. It has been over 20 years since I took part in this scene. But if it was for medicinal reasons, I would gladly be a member of this society again!

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:02 pm

Like I said there are more ways to use it then just brownies!
Anywhere oragino is called for it can be used, try it in spagetti, chile, or on pizza!

Dissie the input was turning political and forum rules as I remember say no politics. Just trying not to get this topic locked by Admin.

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:42 pm

Oh yeah, I hear ya!

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:59 pm

You can substitute some of this in place of some of the mint in a Mojito, talk about relieving pain!
Medical marijuana is now legal In PA and I have my card.
I might be posting some enlightened recipes here as I come by them.

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:00 pm

Deepster wrote:
Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:20 pm
I'm sure that anyone interested in making brownies could just Google "Alice B. Toklas Brownies" for the original recipe. I never cared much for "weed", but Alice's recipe was the original, and I have tried them. They were fine with no strange taste at all.
Alice's recipe is more a fudge then brownies, I have her cookbook.

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:04 pm

Here is her recipe she calls Haschich Fudge:

Take 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, 1 whole nutmeg, 4 average sticks of cinnamon, 1 teaspoon coriander. These should all be pulverised in a mortar. About a handful each of stoned dates, dried figs, shelled almonds and peanuts: chop these and mix them together. A bunch of cannabis sativa can be pulverised. This along with the spices should be dusted over the mixed fruit and nuts, kneaded together. About a cup of sugar dissolved in a big pat of butter. Rolled into a cake and cut into pieces or made into balls about the size of a walnut, it should be eaten with care. Two pieces are quite sufficient.

Obtaining the cannabis may present certain difficulties, but the variety known as cannabis sativa grows as a common weed, often unrecognized, everywhere in Europe, Asia and parts of Africa; besides being cultivated as a crop for the manufacture of rope. In the Americas, while often discouraged, its cousin, called cannabis indica, has been observed even in city window boxes. It should be picked and dried as soon as it has gone to seed and while the plant is still green.