Welcome to Tips & Tricks!

Got a cooking question, tip or trick you would like to share? post here!
Forum rules
Attention! No posting of copyrighted recipes please. TY!
Kizzikate

Welcome to Tips & Tricks!

Post by Kizzikate » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:05 pm

Welcome to Tips and Tricks! This is where members can post any cooking-related hints or advice. What little tricks have you discovered that really help when you're in the kitchen? Is there a tip you would like to share with fellow Zazzies? Post it here! We hope you'll stop by often. And remember to join us each weekday, to see our "Tip of the Day"!

Kizzikate

Re: Welcome to Tips & Tricks!

Post by Kizzikate » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:31 pm

I would like to thank our talented member Tink, for creating such a gorgeous banner for the forum. We love it, Tink!!

cooks42

Post by cooks42 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:14 pm

If you've ever wondered how to keep your cucumbers fresh, or how to soak up oil in your driveway, join Kizzikate, MaMere and myself for lots of fun and conversation!

Mary

Post by Mary » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:43 pm

Great job, ladies. Tip of the day is going to be a success, for sure.

Is there a way to reference the subject of the tip in the title? I went to search for the tip on storing silver and had to read each tip to find the one I wanted. This wasn't a problem today, but I can't imagine searching for one in a month or two.

Kizzikate

Post by Kizzikate » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:52 pm

Mary wrote:Great job, ladies. Tip of the day is going to be a success, for sure.

Is there a way to reference the subject of the tip in the title? I went to search for the tip on storing silver and had to read each tip to find the one I wanted. This wasn't a problem today, but I can't imagine searching for one in a month or two.
Good point, Mary! I'll try to add a brief description to the title of each daily post. Thanks for pointing that out... I'm new to forum hosting, & need all the help I can get!

Mary

Post by Mary » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:50 am

Thanks, Kizzi. I saw the topic change immediately.

Don't worry about a thing -- you're doing a great job. :D

cooks42

Post by cooks42 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:40 pm

Kizi, I think you're doing a fabulous job, everyone is as a matter of fact!

Marion_in_Savannah

Post by Marion_in_Savannah » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:48 pm

I'm SO glad to see that folks are starting to tell us what their tip is in the title of the post! Most helpful.

Dissie

Fruit and flour

Post by Dissie » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:05 pm

I have learned when making a muffin with fruit, if you use part of the flour asked for in the recipe to coat the fruit, the fruit wont fall to the bottom. I have no idea why it works, but it does. Coat the fruit with a small amount of flour before folding into the muffins and it helps suspend them in the batter.