Cooking Questions -- Welcome, Can We Help?

Got a cooking question, tip or trick you would like to share? post here!
Forum rules
Attention! No posting of copyrighted recipes please. TY!
Nana Lee

Re: Cooking Questions -- Welcome, Can We Help?

Post by Nana Lee » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:41 am

Making pie crust!

Sue

Post by Sue » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:03 pm

I use this one but it's not low carb.
http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/simple ... crust-8343
I think it is either the crisco recipe or just like it.

Knowing you like low carb may I suggest this?
http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/low-su ... crust-8336
Fill it will a sf pie filling or something like sf cheesecake.
I have a recipe for cherry pie filling with splenda I should be posting soon. I made it yesterday but have yet to put it in something.

Nana Lee

Post by Nana Lee » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:32 pm

Sue, I have a great nut crust recipe I'll be putting up here soon.

Sue

Post by Sue » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:41 pm

Nana Lee wrote:Sue, I have a great nut crust recipe I'll be putting up here soon.
Looking forward to seeing it! 8-)

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:44 am

I was watching foodnetwork and saw that Mr. Ramsey said that plastic wrap wont melt unless its 400 DEGREES or higher. Is this true? I was amazed. He said to wrap ribs in them with all the spices to keep the moisture and spices in. I have never heard of this before, for real? You can do that? This really changes things for me. Does it steam meats or what?

Felix4067

Post by Felix4067 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:52 pm

They're not really talking about the saran wrap you have in your cupboard. Commercial grade (restaurant grade) plastic wrap is a LOT thicker than the stuff you use to cover leftovers. It also needs to be wrapped in foil after the plastic wrap, not just tossed in the oven (temperature is one thing, sitting directly under the heating element is another). Since plastic wrap is not intended for use in the oven, it can leach BPA into your food, although not at levels to worry much about.

Basically, yes, it does steam the food. And it's amazing for keeping moisture in the food instead of losing it to the bottom of the pan.

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:55 pm

I submitted two different recipes both were declined. there reason one had 3 cups cooked, cubed beef. the other 4 cups cooked, cubed chicken. both were pot pies. any idea what the equivalent weight would be? though this would be useless info to bakerthank you

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:31 am

1 cup cooked cubed beef or chicken = 150 grams. Please be advised this is only what we have mapped out in our system. You may want to submit a different weight.
Due to several complaints of the wrong weight/s, we are no longer adding in the weight for any fish, seafood or meat protein items (excluding cheese and eggs), the submitter will have to do so.
Any fish, seafood and meat protein items submitted to us in cups, tablespoons or single amounts (E.g. ..10 shrimp, 3 T-Bone steaks, 4 salmon fillets) will be declined/returned.
Thanks.
If you can eat, you can make it!

BigDTexas

Post by BigDTexas » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:54 pm

I am looking at Recipe #25303 for the Rice Shrimp and rice. I only have fresh shrimp and it calls for frozen. I don't want to ruin the shrimp because fresh shrimp may be too long for looking in the rice cooker. What do you recommend?