Help using wild mustard plants

Got a cooking question, tip or trick you would like to share? post here!
Forum rules
Attention! No posting of copyrighted recipes please. TY!
WhatamIgonnaeatnext?

Help using wild mustard plants

Post by WhatamIgonnaeatnext? » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:52 pm

I finally found out what the name of the fragrant yellow things that are all over Wasta. I read about wild mustard and it can be used for many different things; medicinal and food wise.
I love being in nature, but I know nothing about being useful as far as nature goes. How would I go about cleaning the plants before I use them? Do I need to boil them or what? Sorry for the dumb question.
I can use them for saffron and for various other things. I can also make a paste and use for inflammation and circulation issues. They smell so awesome that I open the back window and let the fragrance into the apartment.

WhatamIgonnaeatnext?

Re: Help using wild mustard plants

Post by WhatamIgonnaeatnext? » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:45 pm

A local cowboy said it's sweet clover. I'm so confused. They look too much alike for me to tell. 🙄

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:29 pm

I looked at several photos of different mustard plants and sweet clover and they look very similar. It might be best to take a clipping to your local nursery for identification before trying to use it. Just a thought! If you do...please let us know what you find out. Good luck! :-)

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:22 am

I've never used this sorry I can't help you out...
If you can eat, you can make it!

WhatamIgonnaeatnext?

Post by WhatamIgonnaeatnext? » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:02 am

Maybe the next time I go to town, I can stop by the flower shop. They should know, I suppose. Thanks for the idea, Luvcookn.

Post by 02685840 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:00 am

I have a mini garden in front of my house where I grow many different types of herbs. But from all of them, coriander requires too much space. One of the best things of having this mini herb garden is that I do not need to purchase it from the outside shop.

leslietomb95

Post by leslietomb95 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:06 am

These are literally the best food ideas. I also tried some of the foods with mustard and sauces. It gives awesome taste. Addition of some of the to the cuisines will give you the best taste.