Not enough soup!

Got a cooking question, tip or trick you would like to share? post here!
Forum rules
Attention! No posting of copyrighted recipes please. TY!
Puppitypup

Not enough soup!

Post by Puppitypup » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:12 pm

I made some Cream of Cauliflower soup for a potluck tomorrow. But I just realized it's only going to fill my crockpot up about half way. Any ideas on how to stretch it? I have both turkey and chicken stock on hand, but I don't want to thin out the soup. Should I just make a cream of turkey or chicken soup and combine the two? Which would taste better? Thank you! Julie

Luvcookn

Re: Not enough soup!

Post by Luvcookn » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:32 pm

This is what I would do...combine the chicken stock and the appropriate amount of flour and add to soup to cook and thicken. You can also add some curry powder (not too much that it will be overwhelming) and coconut milk it you like this kind of thing. I think it would be really good with the cauliflower. Hope this helps. :-)

SweetsnStuff

Post by SweetsnStuff » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:44 pm

Puppitypup I would remove all the soup into a pot then refrigerate and make another recipe, allow to cook then remove the cold soup heat it then pour it into the hot soup in the crockpot.

Puppitypup

Post by Puppitypup » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:34 pm

Thank you ladies, I did take Luvcookn's advice and it worked out great. SweetsnStuff, great idea! I just didn't see it in time :)