Amounts have changed since I last posted a recipe

Got a cooking question, tip or trick you would like to share? post here!
Forum rules
Attention! No posting of copyrighted recipes please. TY!
Dissie

Amounts have changed since I last posted a recipe

Post by Dissie » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:25 am

Ok just posted 2 new recipes. I made mistakes because I have no idea how much 4 pork chops weigh, I have no idea how much 1/2 a bell pepper weighs or how much a red onion weighs. I buy my pork chops in large packages and split it up at home to freeze. I have no idea what 4 of them weigh, I just package them for single meals. I don't know what do to when posting recipes here now.

Dissie

Re: Amounts have changed since I last posted a recipe

Post by Dissie » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:32 am

Also I have seen recipes here that say 1/2 a head of cabbage, well I have seen large heads and small heads. That recipe didn't have weight? What am I missing? When I make a recipe if it calls for 1/2 a bell pepper, I take one of my bell peppers and halve it, I don't weigh it to make sure it comes up to 6 ounces or however that much of a bell pepper weighs!

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:59 pm

Dissie wrote:Ok just posted 2 new recipes. I made mistakes because I have no idea how much 4 pork chops weigh, I have no idea how much 1/2 a bell pepper weighs or how much a red onion weighs. I buy my pork chops in large packages and split it up at home to freeze. I have no idea what 4 of them weigh, I just package them for single meals. I don't know what do to when posting recipes here now.

Hi Dissie!
Our system now will not accept protein without a weight so we add that in, also we do not accept 1/2 of any veg item if you list it like this then we add the weight
If you can eat, you can make it!

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:54 pm

You add the weights? Not me? Well certainly helps things. Thanks for answering, and I hope I am understanding what you are saying.

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:09 pm

Dissie we prefer you to add the weight but we will add it if needed. You can contact us if the weight added is not acceptable or you can edit it to show whatever you like, it's just that our system needs to show a weight for all protein (except eggs)..

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:20 pm

Thanks Carol, I just wanted to do it right and I was confused! lol

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:27 pm

Dissie wrote:Thanks Carol, I just wanted to do it right and I was confused! lol
No problem Dis if your not sure of the weight we will add it, so not to worry at all.. thanks for sharing your recipe/s here with us!