Tabouli

Got a cooking question, tip or trick you would like to share? post here!
Forum rules
Attention! No posting of copyrighted recipes please. TY!
Robyn

Tabouli

Post by Robyn » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:06 pm

Hi everyone,

It's been a long time (obviously...) since I looked at Food.com - the former Recipezaar - and was dismayed to find the forums gone! Some digging around brought me here. As far as I can see, these are not active forums like the Food.com / Receipezaar ones were, where if you posted a question, it likely got answered, sometimes multiple times, within just a few minutes, or an hour max. So I'm hoping for one or more answers here, but a little doubtful. Anyway, here's the deal:

It's an unusual side for Thanksgiving, but I felt tabouli would be compatible and would be a nice counterpoint to the carb fest. I made it today - partially. I've never made it in advance before, though, and am worried that mixing the parsley in with the rest, including lemon juice, will turn it yellow by tomorrow. So far, it's sitting on the cutting board, chopped up. Should I add it to the rest now, or wait until just before serving? If I don't add it now, will that lead to anything negative like turning brown or limp?

Thanks for any help!

KittenCal

Re: Tabouli

Post by KittenCal » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:41 pm

Hi Robyn!
I see no harm in adding those ingredients now....
If you can eat, you can make it!

CrazyGabe

Post by CrazyGabe » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:49 pm

Go ahead and add them in

CookingNana

Post by CookingNana » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:00 pm

I would not add the parsley and (if your using) the tomatoes, add them just before you serve it, as far as lemon juice you could add it in. Hope this helps you out ;)

Robyn

Post by Robyn » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:32 pm

Thank you all for the posts! Great to find these quick answers, just like at Recipezaar!

Soon after posting my question, I found a blog by someone who had lived in Abu Dhabi for awhile. She said tabouli gets even better if it sits for awhile. It's perfect for picnics, for example, for that reason. So I went ahead and mixed it all together.

It's been a couple hours now. I just went to check on it. It's in a bowl in the fridge, with plastic wrap on the top. I pulled back the plastic wrap, and WOW! - it smells fabulous, and the parsley remains green as a fresh cut Christmas tree! I hope this lasts until tomorrow, and I think it will.

I am so happy this forum is here, and will definitely be using it again (to post questions and to answer them.) Happy Thanksgiving, all!

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:43 am

I would everything except the parsley. That would I would add before serving as a fresh component.

59chevymom

Post by 59chevymom » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:34 pm

I would also add everything except the parsley and tomatoes, Happy Thanksgiving and nice to meet you Robyn!

elleLee

Post by elleLee » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:40 pm

I have never made that I would love to see your recipe. It's nice to meet you Robyn Happy Thanksgiving!

Rclement86

Post by Rclement86 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:53 pm

Hello Robyn! Yes everything except the tomatoes and parsley. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Jenn42

Post by Jenn42 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:03 pm

Lemon is okay to add I would think it's just the parsley I would mix in the end.
Welcome to recipezazz Robyn!