Crescent Rolls

Got a cooking question, tip or trick you would like to share? post here!
Forum rules
Attention! No posting of copyrighted recipes please. TY!
MommaG

Crescent Rolls

Post by MommaG » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:32 pm

Does anyone know if you can freeze unbaked crescent rolls? I am going to try a recipe out tonight and I want to freeze some of them and cook for later. Chocolate Crescent Rolls, sounds good.

KittenCal

Re: Crescent Rolls

Post by KittenCal » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:22 pm

chocolate crescent rolls... OMG!!!!!!!! :P

YES MG! definately, as long as they are made from scratch not the Pillsbury kind and after shaping, just freeze on a tray then pop in a freezer bag

#recipe6297
If you can eat, you can make it!

MommaG

Post by MommaG » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:59 pm

Thank you!! I should have searched for crescent rolls instead of Croissants. :D I bought the Pillsbury one's on my lunch break today. But I will try yours this weekend when I have more time.

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:25 pm

MommaG wrote:Thank you!! I should have searched for crescent rolls instead of Croissants. :D I bought the Pillsbury one's on my lunch break today. But I will try yours this weekend when I have more time.
MG I have tried freezing that refrigerator dough before baking and no way, although I have not tried to freeze after baking you may be able to do that but I would not bet money on it...that dough does last a long time in the fridge as long as it's not opened

Mom2Ava

Post by Mom2Ava » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:51 pm

I'd love a good recipe for homemade chocolate crescent rolls ;) :D

MommaG

Post by MommaG » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:29 pm

Kittencal, I am going to try to freeze some of them. Earls will let me know if they are not up to par. You gotta love a 12 year old foodie! At least he gets it honest.

Mom2Ava, please share! (Guess I probably need to do a search--sorry VERY long day) I am trying to get different breakfast ideas for my son. It is not something I would give him everyday but a change from the norm.

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:52 pm

MommaG wrote:Kittencal, I am going to try to freeze some of them. Earls will let me know if they are not up to par. You gotta love a 12 year old foodie! At least he gets it honest.

Mom2Ava, please share! (Guess I probably need to do a search--sorry VERY long day) I am trying to get different breakfast ideas for my son. It is not something I would give him everyday but a change from the norm.
okay freeze :D .... but be prepared they will not have the same texture MG.. I love honesty :lol: