Game of Thrones the Book

racrgal

Re: Game of Thrones the Book

Post by racrgal » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:06 pm

No, Racrgal the protector never wanted her to sell the eggs! I will but my $5 on this ! No there was never a point in time that the protector asked "Dany" to do do this,

I have a little bit of work to do and then I am going to try to find the chapter on Drogo's burial. We'll get to the bottom of who wanted to sell the eggs. ;)

racrgal

Post by racrgal » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:17 pm

On page 755 of the first book, Ser Jorah Mormont (he is the protector) told Dany "My queen, Drogo will have no use for dragon's eggs in the night lands. Better to sell them in Asshai. Sell one and we can buy a ship to take us back to the Free Cities. Sell all three and you will be a wealthy woman all your days."

There were three loud cracks while Drogo was burning, which would have been the dragon eggs hatching. The book ended with Dany and the baby dragons in the smoldering ashes.

Now to find who gifted them and who finished off the brother.

racrgal

Post by racrgal » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:42 pm

According to the book page 108, the dragon eggs were gifted to Dany by Magister Illyrio of Pentos. He was an ally of the Targaryens.

Page 466-477 describes Dany eating the raw heart of a stallion for her child's strength, the cleansing and the huge feast afterward. This was all in a sacred city where bloodshed was not allowed. Towards the end of the chapter, Viserys shows up and starts making the demands for his crown. Drago told him "you shall have a splendid golden crown that men shall tremble to behold". Stew was dumped from a stew pot and Drago dropped in his gold belt. Viserys had been restrained by Dothkari and he started to scream and beg his sister when he saw the gold melting. Drago took the pot out of the fire and put the entire thing over Viserys' head. The gold dripped down onto his chest and his clothing smoldered but no blood was spilled. "He was no dragon, Dany thought, curiously calm. Fire cannot kill a dragon." Viserys is not mentioned alive again.

Did I find everything?????

Denise

Post by Denise » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:47 pm

racrgal wrote:
Denise wrote:
racrgal wrote:<jumping up and down> Denise, I don't know if this will work for the new season but I found a way to watch the first season. http://www.hbogo.com downloads straight to the computer or other device. It's easy and FREE with a basic HBO subscription, which I all ready have. wooooooooo hoooooooo
Awesome!!

I don't know what's up with the Ned conversation? Huh? What? :lol:
Denise, this whole Ned thing is beginning to bug me. He is instrumental in the book. Do they call him Eddard or Lord Stark in the series? MUCH revolves around him and his family. I'm lost. :(
I just remember Lord Stark. Maybe his wife called him Eddard?

I can't remember who gave the eggs either :lol:

racrgal

Post by racrgal » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:53 pm

No, Racrgal the protector never wanted her to sell the eggs! I will but my $5 on this ! No there was never a point in time that the protector asked "Dany" to do do this,

I won't take your $5 but I am interested as to who asked Dany to sell the eggs in the series. 8-) It was the protector in the book.
Last edited by racrgal on Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

racrgal

Post by racrgal » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:57 pm

I just remember Lord Stark. Maybe his wife called him Eddard?

I can't remember who gave the eggs either :lol:

Denise, the book bounces around calling him "Lord Stark, Eddard and Ned". Mostly they call him "Ned". Kept me confused until he lost his head.

Ninner

Post by Ninner » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:15 am

Oh my goodness we are now on page five. Thank you Racrgal for the information posted from the book. I am not going to quote anything.

In the HBO series Dany did smother her husband. She did this out of love for him. Dany had her husband kill her brother & had him it do it in front of her. The person who stole the eggs was Dany's brother & it was the protector who found the brother & got them back.

There was a part early in the series where Dany was playing with the eggs. She found out that fire would not hurt her.

Later Dany was given a new name after she passed a test in front of the nomads. Surprising I think it had to do with fire, lol. Then when her husband became ill & was no longer the head of the tribe. The nomads had no respect for Dany. So she went into the fire & the dragons hatched.

I would have to think that the series does not follow the book as closely as it was written?

Ninner

Post by Ninner » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:27 am

racrgal wrote:According to the book page 108, the dragon eggs were gifted to Dany by Magister Illyrio of Pentos. He was an ally of the Targaryens.

Page 466-477 describes Dany eating the raw heart of a stallion for her child's strength, the cleansing and the huge feast afterward. This was all in a sacred city where bloodshed was not allowed. Towards the end of the chapter, Viserys shows up and starts making the demands for his crown. Drago told him "you shall have a splendid golden crown that men shall tremble to behold". Stew was dumped from a stew pot and Drago dropped in his gold belt. Viserys had been restrained by Dothkari and he started to scream and beg his sister when he saw the gold melting. Drago took the pot out of the fire and put the entire thing over Viserys' head. The gold dripped down onto his chest and his clothing smoldered but no blood was spilled. "He was no dragon, Dany thought, curiously calm. Fire cannot kill a dragon." Viserys is not mentioned alive again.

Did I find everything?????
Yes I am sure you did Racrgal & thank you for the post.

Now that we have a name for the brother "Viserys". You have to love theses names. The thing is Viserys married off Dany at 13 yrs to a very brutal man. He did this because he was promised that he could be King. Dany did fall in love with her husband. There came a point where Dany would take no more abuse from her brother. That is when she had her husband kill him.

Ninner

Post by Ninner » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:40 am

racrgal wrote:On page 755 of the first book, Ser Jorah Mormont (he is the protector) told Dany "My queen, Drogo will have no use for dragon's eggs in the night lands. Better to sell them in Asshai. Sell one and we can buy a ship to take us back to the Free Cities. Sell all three and you will be a wealthy woman all your days."

There were three loud cracks while Drogo was burning, which would have been the dragon eggs hatching. The book ended with Dany and the baby dragons in the smoldering ashes.

Now to find who gifted them and who finished off the brother.
See at this point Drogo was done or Dany had smothered him? Dany was no longer part of the tribe she was rejected. So the protector "Ser Jorah Mormont" lol, wanted to get her out of there.

It really was quite a sight to see at the end! Dany standing in the fire/ashes with the Dragons.

Ninner

Post by Ninner » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:55 am

LOL, just to finish off to this point. Ninner owes Racrgal $5. The protector did ask her to sell the eggs BUT he did not steal the eggs. It was their way out of this mess.

Dany was not going to have any part of retreating.

Racrgal, you have now come up to the part that Denise & I know about. I am sure at this point you know where or what happened to Dany after the dragons hatched. I am not sure if I want you to say?