Game of Thrones the Book

racrgal

Re: Game of Thrones the Book

Post by racrgal » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:58 pm

Ninner, not reading Game of Thrones is probably a good decision for you. You might find it tedious since you did see the series.

Good news on the Sony. Fried puters are bad news.

One of the bad things about downloading from the library is that there aren't any extensions available on the downloaded books. I couldn't even get back on the list until my original check out time was up. I just went ahead and downloaded the entire series. I can take my time with the remaining 2,000 pages. :)

Ninner

Post by Ninner » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:55 am

As I posted I would have been in heaven with a bundle of 3,000 pgs. I know a lot for the hands to handle but it would have seemed like a treasured item,. I am 43rd in line of 4 copies of the second book. I hope it gets here fast? The line up for the 1st book was "a lot" longer. I have cancelled that one.

I will let you know when I start it. I am sure I will have questions, lol.

racrgal

Post by racrgal » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:24 am

3,543 pages and I'm loving it! I'm enjoying the series much more since I purchased the books rather than try to rush through to get them back to the library. I wasn't 43rd in line but I didn't want to wait to be able to continue reading these books. Without seeing the series, I think it would be easy to loose the thread of the story unless these books are read back to back.

I am glad I purchased these books. I find myself going back to check details and sometimes rereading entire segments because I didn't "catch" everything the first time. These books get more and more complex as they go along. The cast of characters just keeps growing.

Ninner

Post by Ninner » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:24 am

"These books get more and more complex as they go along. The cast of characters just keeps growing."

LOL & Oh my goodness! More names.

racrgal

Post by racrgal » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:11 pm

Yes. More names and more places. Talk about an imagination!!!! I am soooooooooo anxious for you to start on these books. I've ALMOST thought of putting them down until you do. Note I said "almost". :lol:

Ninner

Post by Ninner » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:19 am

"Almost" lol. I will never catch up to you. I will tell you as soon as the book arrives. I know 43rd in line sounds a lot but with a number of copies this line can move fast.

racrgal

Post by racrgal » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:09 pm

Since I bought the books, I can go back and look up what you are reading. After last night's reading, NO WAY I am quitting this series for any length of time. I put the 5th book on my Christmas list. :D

Ninner

Post by Ninner » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:42 am

Racrgal, I have written down the books in order that you posted. The last book is in 2 parts (as posted on page one).

What is the name of the fifth book?

racrgal

Post by racrgal » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:25 pm

After the two part book, comes A Dance with Dragons. It was just released in July of this year. The way this author keeps adding characters, I can see this series going on for a very, very long time. My SIL is an avid reader so I'm thinking of sending the bundle of four to her for Christmas. That should keep her busy through part of the Nebraska winter.

Ninner

Post by Ninner » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:29 am

Racrgal, thanks fifth book added to my list. That would be a nice gift for your SIL. Being an avid reader & the cold winters of Nebraska sounds like a good idea. I am always concerned that some readers are not into Fantasy? On the other had this is not the fairy dust books.