Game of Thrones the Book

racrgal

Re: Game of Thrones the Book

Post by racrgal » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:19 am

<jumping up and down> Denise, I don't know if this will work for the new season but I found a way to watch the first season. www.hbogo.com downloads straight to the computer or other device. It's easy and FREE with a basic HBO subscription, which I all ready have. wooooooooo hoooooooo

Denise

Post by Denise » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:59 am

racrgal wrote:<jumping up and down> Denise, I don't know if this will work for the new season but I found a way to watch the first season. http://www.hbogo.com downloads straight to the computer or other device. It's easy and FREE with a basic HBO subscription, which I all ready have. wooooooooo hoooooooo
Awesome!!

I don't know what's up with the Ned conversation? Huh? What? :lol:

Ninner

Post by Ninner » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:49 pm

Ok I am back from the office. I will have to go back to all your posts Racrgal. Denise thank you for dropping in.

I would like to say that my cable bill is up to $148 a month. This includes Internet, 4 movie channels, food channel & HBO. If I drop the 4 movie channels which I never watch I lose HBO.

Ninner

Post by Ninner » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:10 pm

racrgal wrote:The post I lost was responding to this.

Rarcgal, I can't remember. Interesting that the wives were to go with the husbands into the fire? I never knew why she went into the fire? Dany was the person that put her brother to death. You have reach the part I wanted you to read.

In the book, Dany knew she was supposed to go into the fire but promised her protector that she would not do that. In the book, Drogo killed her brother. They were feasting and brother demanded his crown and army. I knew that would end badly. Can you imagine DEMANDING anything from the Drothkari? Drogo took off his gold belt, melted it in the brazier and dumped the entire thing on the brother's head. Dany DID kill Drogo because he was suffering and she knew his mind was gone.

The trouble here was that the moment Dany's husband died she was no longer respected. I think she loved the man & went into the fire due to this. I can't even believe where this book/books will go because I have said it will blow your mind to see her standing there. If the "Dorthkari" tribe did not respect her after this they had to be "idiots".

In the book, Dany lost the tribe's respect when Drogo fell off his horse. A leader who couldn't ride was not a leader. Most of the tribe left when the crazy witchcraft woman (a maegi?) treated Drogo. Dany was left with the weak, sick and old as her tribe. I thought I was going to be able to watch the series online but I can't. I don't have the right package from Direct TV.
Oh yes you are correct. The Witchcraft lady!!!! Yes that put it all in the ground. BUT, But, BUT LOL. Drogo did not finish off the brother (do we have a name for him?). It was Dany that put her brother to death.

Racrgal I am now at the top of page 3 in this thread. Again you are correct as he did melt down the belt. If I have to say how correct you are again it will upset me.

Ninner

Post by Ninner » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:33 pm

racrgal wrote:Ninner says, Now Ned did not make an impression on me. Now he was the brother who loved his sister (in a good way). There is something about him that does not sit well. You have still not told me who lost their head? Please answer this question?

Ned, Lord Stark, Hand to the King DID loose his head. King Robert was gored by the boar. Young son, Lord Joeffry, became king and started lopping off heads. Ned/Lord Stark was one of the first. Lord Stark might also be called Eddard. As for the brother who loved his sister, do you mean Jamie? He's the true father of Joeffry by the Queen.
Ok, Lord Start lost his head in front of his daughter? Yes? There was a lot of heads lost but I want you to tell me something else?

Yes Jamie lets talk about him. I liked him plus he loved his sister in a respected way. My goodness if there was a book for a Book Club this would be it.

The hits on this thread is phenomenal. Too bad that they do not post?

racrgal

Post by racrgal » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:45 pm

Denise wrote:
racrgal wrote:<jumping up and down> Denise, I don't know if this will work for the new season but I found a way to watch the first season. http://www.hbogo.com downloads straight to the computer or other device. It's easy and FREE with a basic HBO subscription, which I all ready have. wooooooooo hoooooooo
Awesome!!

I don't know what's up with the Ned conversation? Huh? What? :lol:
Denise, this whole Ned thing is beginning to bug me. He is instrumental in the book. Do they call him Eddard or Lord Stark in the series? MUCH revolves around him and his family. I'm lost. :(

racrgal

Post by racrgal » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:47 pm

Ninner wrote:Ok I am back from the office. I will have to go back to all your posts Racrgal. Denise thank you for dropping in.

I would like to say that my cable bill is up to $148 a month. This includes Internet, 4 movie channels, food channel & HBO. If I drop the 4 movie channels which I never watch I lose HBO.
If I were to increase my package to get this series my satellite bill would be $175 WITHOUT internet. Not gonna happen. I'll keep reading the books and chatter with you gals when the series is on.

racrgal

Post by racrgal » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:54 pm

Oh yes you are correct. The Witchcraft lady!!!! Yes that put it all in the ground. BUT, But, BUT LOL. Drogo did not finish off the brother (do we have a name for him?). It was Dany that put her brother to death.

Racrgal I am now at the top of page 3 in this thread. Again you are correct as he did melt down the belt. If I have to say how correct you are again it will upset me.

Dany's brother was named, Viserys. The two of them were the last survivors of the House of Targaryen. I'm going to have to go backwards and find Viserys' death. Dany smothered Drogo but I don't remember her killing off her brother as well.

<giggle> Remember, I am now reading the book. It's been awhile since you've seen the series. :)

Ninner

Post by Ninner » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:59 pm

racrgal wrote:Ninner posted, I do not know anymore then you know. I have asked you before who gave the the Dragons eggs as gift for being married. I am going to think that the man that accompanies her has something to do with this? I have asked you several times about this man & have had no response. I am thinking now that he isn't in the book?

I don't know who did gift the dragon eggs. You've got me wondering. The protector might have had something to do with the eggs but I don't think he was wealthy enough to gift them. The protector is the one who wanted Dany to sell the eggs after Drogo's death. He said all three would bring enough to take care of her for the rest of her life. Those must have been SOME EGGS!!!!
Denise remembers everything. Denise who gave the gift of the Dragons eggs?

No, Racrgal the protector never wanted her to sell the eggs! I will but my $5 on this ! No there was never a point in time that the protector asked "Dany" to do do this,

I am having a terrible tine the site.

racrgal

Post by racrgal » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:03 pm

CAPS THIS TIME

Ok, Lord Start lost his head in front of his daughter? Yes? There was a lot of heads lost but I want you to tell me something else? WHEW! I WAS BEGINNING TO THINK NED HAD BEEN RENAMED FOR THE SERIES. THEY ARE A DRIVING FORCE IN THE BOOK.

Yes Jamie lets talk about him. I liked him plus he loved his sister in a respected way. My goodness if there was a book for a Book Club this would be it. OH MY! I'M GOING TO HAVE TO DISAGREE WITH "RESPECTED". ALL OF KING ROBERT'S ACKNOWLEDGED CHILDREN ARE REALLY JAMIE'S. BLONDES NOT "BLACK OF HAIR". THE BASTARD CHILDREN ARE THE ONES WHO ARE REALLY HIS BLOODLINE AND ALL OF THEM HAVEN'T BEEN REVEALED YET. WHEN QUEEN CERSEI DID GET PREGNANT WITH THE KING'S CHILD, SHE HAD IT TERMINATED. THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUE FATHER IS WHAT GOT LORD STARK AND THE PREVIOUS HAND TO THE KING IN TROUBLE. IN THE SECOND BOOK, A BIGGER FIT IS THROWN ABOUT THE INCEST BETWEEN JAMIE AND THE QUEEN. YES, INDEED. THIS WOULD BE A GREAT BOOK CLUB BOOK. DUE TO THE DETAILS THOUGH, I THINK WE WOULD NEED TO READ AND DISCUSS AT THE SAME TIME. LOTS AND LOTS OF THINGS GOING ON.

The hits on this thread is phenomenal. Too bad that they do not post? YES, IT IS. JUMP RIGHT IN FOLKS!!!