Game of Thrones the Book

racrgal

Re: Game of Thrones the Book

Post by racrgal » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:13 am

Ninner, I think it was the review on the 5th book, the reviewer noted that the series is loosely based on history. It would have made it easier reading if the author had used some real places instead of trying to remember all of the strange made up places. Nothing fairy dust about this series. If anything it gets more brutal book after book.

Ninner

Post by Ninner » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:00 am

Starting tonight on HBO "Games Of Thrones" will be replayed. 10-part series will air nightly till Thursday. Tonight it looks like 3 episodes? If you can record these? I think that would be the easiest way to view due to the long amount of time each night.

George Martin's epic fantasy book. Not to be missed!

Ninner

Post by Ninner » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:07 am

Finished reading the second book "A Clash Of Kings by George R. Martin".

HBO started the second book in the TV series on Sunday. This will be replayed all week for those who wish to watch it.

Denise

Post by Denise » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:06 am

Ninner wrote:Finished reading the second book "A Clash Of Kings by George R. Martin".

HBO started the second book in the TV series on Sunday. This will be replayed all week for those who wish to watch it.
We recorded it, but haven't had time to watch it yet. Not sure when I'll get a chance, either!

Ninner

Post by Ninner » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:20 pm

Denise, same here. I have recorded the 1st two. I might find time to watch them this "long" weekend? Will report back with what I thought.